What's new

Is there a BAD Gillette razor?

Except for the Fusion, and Mach 3, I would have to say there is not a bad Gillette razor. They work for some people, but in my opinion, anything more than two blades is severe overkill.

The vintage Gillette DE's all seem to be fairly well built. :thumbup1:

I have found the Tech a great razor when paired with a really sharp blade like a Feather - they compliment each other well.

I have found the Tech a great razor when paired with a really sharp blade like a Feather - they compliment each other well.

I've heard that said about the Blue Tip as well, also a mild razor, but I didn't find it to be nearly as effective as the Tech/Feather. Anyone else find other "mild razor/sharp blade" combos work as well as the Tech/Feather pairing?

:cool:

Gillette Atra. Horrible.

But that's a cartridge, so. . . .

I never cared for the Black Handled Super Speed or the Fatboy, but they do seem to work for a lot of people. Something about the handle design and the shave just did not sit right with me.

I have a nice 15 Aristocrat open comb and a 48 open comb.Both razors are stunning but I can't get a decent shave out of either.:rolleyes::rolleyes: A Tech or a New are far superior.IMHO.

so far i have a slim adjustable,and a red tip i like them both but so far the red tip is the winner, but want to try more Gillettes though

I have a nice 15 Aristocrat open comb and a 48 open comb.Both razors are stunning but I can't get a decent shave out of either.:rolleyes::rolleyes: A Tech or a New are far superior.IMHO.
Thanks for making me feel better. ;)
I hoped to get the #15 on ebay.co.uk last night but missed out, I think it sold for ~£40+

I'm not a fan of the Tech, never got a close shave with one, never got an irritation free enough shave with one to like them.
Well I got a pretty pleasant (but not close) shave with one today, even using a WS blade which I don't like much either. Only the second shave for that blade and it was dragging badly ATG at the end, but my chin stubble will do that, I've had GEM SE blades go blunt halfway through a shave after 2 chin passes.

Top Bottom