What's new

Is their a Merkur 37G?

My favourite razor is the Merkur 34G. I really love this razor in gold!! Unfortunately, I am unable to find the Merkur 37 in gold. Did they make it? Stop making it? Does any one have any information about this? Also, is their a recommendations for an all gold slant bar or another aggressive razor that is all gold; similar size and weight as the 37G. Thanks!

They used to make a 37G and stopped it a couple of years ago. I bought mine around 2008.
20201122_084637.jpg
20201122_084610.jpg

how do they discontinue the nicest colour safety razor?
Lack of demand. Also I am not sure how robust that gold wash is; certainly would not stand up to the regular cleaning hard water requires.
It is very attractive in gold but any razor would look good in gold.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
... Also I am not sure how robust that gold wash is; certainly would not stand up to the regular cleaning hard water requires....

It's not gold wash but actual plating, thick and durable. I've got one I regularly use and it seems fine, still like new. Hard water doesn't affect it as any soap scum easily rinses right off.

full

No blems on the much older gold Hoffritz below (unlike my gold Progress with thin plating) although I don't use this one often.

full

Last edited:
It's not gold wash but actual plating, thick and durable. I've got one I regularly use and it seems fine, still like new. Hard water doesn't affect it as any soap scum easily rinses right off.

full

No blems on the much older gold Hoffritz below (unlike my gold Progress with thin plating) although I don't use this one often.

full
wow...so beautiful!!! I want one!!! Is their something on the market that is simililar?

Lack of demand. Also I am not sure how robust that gold wash is; certainly would not stand up to the regular cleaning hard water requires.
It is very attractive in gold but any razor would look good in gold.
I know what you mean...my 34G lost the colour on the head. I guess its expected after so many years of daily use. They sell replacement parts for the 34G anyways.

Top Bottom