What's new

Is the zojirushi really worth it?

zoji, tiger, panasonic are the three better known brand for the hot water dispenser. I use a Zoji and I think it is worth every penny. Our family consumes much hot water and it was a good decision.

I would like to try the new panasonic water boiler/dispenser. It has a charcoal coating and supposed to make tea taste 10% better according to the product description. I went for the one with the most discount.

Wouldn't use plastic stuff to boil my water no matter what the claims are about plastic being okay for hot water boiling. Could be my uneducated bais against plastic but wouldn't want to be proven right.

I give a conditional "yes" on the zojirushi being worth the money. In comparison, I have a Panasonic Thermo Pot that I have been very pleased with for the past month now. And it cost about 40% less than a zojirushi. I have never come across anybody complaining about the quality of the zojirushi.

All I can add is that if there hot water pots are as good as their rice makers the Zojirushi will be nothing short of spectacular.

I thought it was a bit ridiculous... but it gets used constantly. I bought it for my mum and she loves it. Yes, I bought a Zojirushi, but I don't think buying that brand is necessarily necessary; I just felt its ergonomics would agree with her the most. Anyway, if you have the counter space, they're brilliant.

This is a website dedicated to people who pay $60 for a razor that cost $1.95 when it came out. Things are worth what you think they are. I broke down and bought a zojirushi about two months ago. To me it is worth every penny. When I took it out of the box, not once did I think I had paid too much for it. In an age of cheap plastic, disposable appliances this thing is well made. The only draw back so far is the amount of tea I am going through :biggrin: The Tiger doesn't look too bad either, so I guess I am no help.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
This is a website dedicated to people who pay $60 for a razor that cost $1.95 when it came out. Things are worth what you think they are. I broke down and bought a zojirushi about two months ago. To me it is worth every penny. When I took it out of the box, not once did I think I had paid too much for it. In an age of cheap plastic, disposable appliances this thing is well made. The only draw back so far is the amount of tea I am going through :biggrin: The Tiger doesn't look too bad either, so I guess I am no help.

Just doing this in my head (I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong), a $1.95 razor that becomes worth $60 in 70 years has only appreciated roughly 5% per year. Quite modest, in fact.

Looks like Zojirushi is now on my "to buy list." :( At least I was able to clean off all the scale from my 5 yr old Tiger pot and can put off the purchase for a while! :D

Due to the temperature settings alone, I would go with the Zojirushi.

Zoji - Operating Temperatures: 175°F, 195°F, 208°F and Vacuum / Reboils to 212°F

Tiger - Boil (208F), Stay Hot (194F), Baby Formula (140F)

Maybe that's just me. If I were in the market for an auto-drip coffee maker, the Zojirushi would be on my list for sure.

Yup, thats why I didn't buy the new tiger pot. I like the idea of a 175 degree temperature.

+1 to that. I was dialing a sub-par Oolong for a client, and it needed 175F @ 2min. Crazy, especially considering it's nowhere near a green oolong. It's pretty dark, almost a black tea.

I guess it just doesn't have much good stuff to give, so I take what I want out of it and leave the rest. :shrug:

I use my Zoji for tea, instant soups and of course shaving. I always use distilled water in it for several reasons.

1, The inside never gets any mineral deposits.

2, Pu Ehr and other teas taste better without the mineral salts.

3, All shaving creams and soaps will lather to the best of their ability.

I use my Zoji for tea, instant soups and of course shaving. I always use distilled water in it for several reasons.

3, All shaving creams and soaps will lather to the best of their ability.

I humbly disagree with this opinion, but as always YMMV.

As I have been studying tea, I have learned the value of minerals adding to the taste of many teas. Some people put mineral stones or even bamboo charcoal into their Zojirushi to improve the water.

Top Bottom