What's new

Is the Semogue 1460/1470 knot a 610 knot?

The Semogue 1460 and 1470 knots have the same specs as the 610, but to those of you that have both, is it the same knot?

Most threads say they're exactly the same, but I've also seen a post that says the 610 is denser. Which is it? Bonus for me would be a side by side pic of both brushes from the top.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
According to VintageScent
610:
Bristles: Best 90% tops
Knot: 21 mm, Loft: 50 mm

1470:
White Best 90% tops
Knot: 22 mm, Loft: 50 mm

Ask the folks at Vintage Scent your specifics, not sure if Leon is still around but someone there should know, @rudyt

My 1460 and 610 differ. Whether or not it's some sort of variation like with the Semogue 1800, I cannot say.

My 1460 looks denser (I did see a photo of someone else's side by side and their 1460 looked denser as well but it wasn't definitive), has more scrub and a little more backbone. The 610 is also easy to splay while the 1460 resists a bit.

I did buy both hardly used from reputable fellas that I believe would have disclosed any issues such as shedding with the 610.

Totally forgot how much I like the 1460 while I've been on the SOC kick. If I didnt get three new brushes over the past week (I blame you @rudyt!), it would be the daily driver again.

My 1460 and 610 differ. Whether or not it's some sort of variation like with the Semogue 1800, I cannot say.

My 1460 looks denser (I did see a photo of someone else's side by side and their 1460 looked denser as well but it wasn't definitive), has more scrub and a little more backbone. The 610 is also easy to splay while the 1460 resists a bit.

I did buy both hardly used from reputable fellas that I believe would have disclosed any issues such as shedding with the 610.

Totally forgot how much I like the 1460 while I've been on the SOC kick. If I didnt get three new brushes over the past week (I blame you @rudyt!), it would be the daily driver again.
Now that's the info I needed to hear. Same bristles, different knot. Now I need to get a real 610 and forego the cool wooden handle of the 1460.

BTW, I think you're confusing me with someone else ;-) Sounds like a pretty smart guy though.

Top Bottom