What's new

Is the Earth flat?

Is the Earth flat?

• Yes.

• No.

• I don't know.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Al Shean wrote a sketch for the Marx Brothers called “Fun in Hi Skool”

Teacher: What is the shape of the world?

Patsy: I don’t know.

Teacher: Well, what shape are my cufflinks?

Patsy: Square.

Teacher: Not my weekday cufflinks, the ones I wear on Sundays.

Patsy: Oh, Round.

Teacher: All right, what is the shape of the world?

Patsy: Square on weekdays, round on Sundays!
Teacher: Face palm in frustration and laugh track added.

Trump wants to buy Greenland from Denmark. This is obviously with intention to expose the true flight paths in air traffic. Flat Earth finally getting exposed? Do I need moar soap?

proxy.php

Trump wants to buy Greenland from Denmark. This is obviously with intention to expose the true flight paths in air traffic. Flat Earth finally getting exposed? Do I need moar soap?

I am a amateur radio operator. When contacting distant stations around the world, it is helpful to know the direction in which to point directional antennas. I currently live in the Chicagoland area. On a Mercatur projection of the world, the world map with which most of us are familiar, Rome is east of Chicago. However, on a azimuthal map of the world centered around Chicago, east is somewhere around Senegal, Africa and Rome would be northeast.

Since radio frequency waves travel the shortest distance from one point to another, the azimuthal map is the one most helpful to ham radio operators. Thus, to contact Rome, I would point my the antenna northeast towards the southern tip of Greenland.

However, if I were sailing in a clipper ship from North America to Italy, I would use a Mercatur projection to set my compass direction of travel and sail east, not northeast.

It looks tilted in Saskatchewan because you need to always lean into the wind. Dont ski there either. The wind will catch you and you wont stop until you hit a tree in eastern Manitoba lol.
I had a T-shirt that said, "Thki Thathsakthewan. It will leave you breathleth"
I'm a downhiller, we like to make fun of the skinnyskiers.

It absolutely is however I could careless about trying to convince a single other person of it. If they're mind is open and they take the time they'll figure it out. Just like with SandyHoax, 9/11, Moon Landing nonsense and pretty much every single "gun event" lately.

Think of the earth like a disc with infinately sharp edges. Space is something I'd like to understand more, but at least I have the basics. Many people think it is round, like a circle, and even more believe it to be spherical. Only astaunauts know the truth and from what I've read, they say it's the shape of a frisbee. Beautiful from space. I'd love to see it.

No the Earth isn't flat, but flatulent. As everybody knows that's the reason to global warming. So if Mother Earth just lay off the beans we'll all be fine.

Top Bottom