What's new

Is the Earth flat?

Is the Earth flat?

• Yes.

• No.

• I don't know.

Results are only viewable after voting.
upload_2019-7-15_9-59-9.jpeg

Columbo, the world, she is-a flat like your head.

(the reference is Bugs Bunny "Hare We Go" from 1951, if you hadn't seen it.)

I don't ski, but you are right. The earth is definitely not flat; there are mountains and their are valleys. Of course, in parts of the Midwest USA, things are pretty flat.
Okay then. Let's tilt the flattish Earth.
Then everybody everywhere could ski.

B

BavariaBrewer

The Flat Earth Society

They even say stuff like this:
"It has been suggested that airplane windows serve to distort the view of passengers and make them believe they see curvature when indeed there is none. This was likely a ploy by early airline companies to sell more tickets." :D

Also, they tell you, that of course pilots and ship captains know where the worlds' dome-like border is, so they don't crash into it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Okay then. Let's tilt the flattish Earth.
Then everybody everywhere could ski.

It looks tilted in Saskatchewan because you need to always lean into the wind. Dont ski there either. The wind will catch you and you wont stop until you hit a tree in eastern Manitoba lol.

It's funny, the no TV comment about Yurop. We didn't watch much while there, but it did make American TV look positively enthralling (and I think American TV sucks).

Nobody can definitively answer that but what I would suggest is for you to do your research. Don't listen to the agents of disinformation. The TRUTH will set us free.

If you go skydiving at 10 or 11,000 feet straight up and you look straight out far away, you’ll see a curve shape on top of the earth surface, that way you’ll know the earth is round not flat as a pancake.

If you go skydiving at 10 or 11,000 feet straight up and you look straight out far away, you’ll see a curve shape on top of the earth surface, that way you’ll know the earth is round not flat as a pancake.
Nice theory but still doesn't explain the animals falling off the edges at an alarming rate. I don't have the answers either, aside from just staying away from the edge.

Nice theory but still doesn't explain the animals falling off the edges at an alarming rate. I don't have the answers either, aside from just staying away from the edge.
If animals on land that can’t fly, because, they can’t tell the difference between flat or curve shapes and also heights

Some animals can tell the difference in heights before they jump, animals on land cannot tell the difference between flat or curve shapes.

Last edited:
Al Shean wrote a sketch for the Marx Brothers called “Fun in Hi Skool”

Teacher: What is the shape of the world?

Patsy: I don’t know.

Teacher: Well, what shape are my cufflinks?

Patsy: Square.

Teacher: Not my weekday cufflinks, the ones I wear on Sundays.

Patsy: Oh, Round.

Teacher: All right, what is the shape of the world?

Patsy: Square on weekdays, round on Sundays!

Top Bottom