What's new

Is the Difference in Performance between a Schick E Type and a Schick G Type Discernible for You?

Is the difference in performance between a Schick E Type and a Schick G Type discernible for you?

I have used both under equal circumstances and I did not notice and difference.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I've got several variants of E2's and one E3 -- and I have several variants of G's....and my non-professional, non-scientific opinion/experience is: nope....with one exception. The E3 I have is my most efficient repeater/injector razors. There's a theory that the horizontal lines on the E3's safety bar somehow help to pull the skin so that the blade gets closer. I'm not sure I subscribe to that theory. But here's a link that goes into a discussion on E's (Schick Type E Razors) -- and I should probably note that I purchased most of the E's described in this post from this poster (all four of the E2's) and I already had an E3, which was fine because the E3 was his favorite. He also did a similar thread on the G's (Schick Type G)

I dropped the "for dummies" in the titles for those threads above....just not a fan of the "for dummies" vernacular.

In my case absolutely. BUT. I think my E type may have had the bar bent under slightly resulting in a lot more blade feel and aggression. Attached are left to right: Adjustable, E type, G type. My photo isn’t the best but I think you can see that the safety bar on the E is bent back some compared to the G. What I don’t know, with only one of each model, is whether that is normal or not

1229A7DA-3508-40A0-83B0-81C6D1C4D0B7.jpeg

Absolutely, there's a difference in the aggressiveness between the Type E and the Type G. I have several models of the Type E and I have several Type G's.

The E's are tigers, and the G's are pussycats.

I have used Schick Injectors off and on since 1957. BTW my favorite injector is a 3-way tie between the G, the I, and the Pal Injectomatic. If forced to chose one fav, however, it would be the Pal Injectomatic, which shaves identical to the the G, but seems better built and more solid.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Absolutely, there's a difference in the aggressiveness between the Type E and the Type G. I have several models of the Type E and I have several Type G's.

The E's are tigers, and the G's are pussycats.

I have used Schick Injectors off and on since 1957. BTW my favorite injector is a 3-way tie between the G, the I, and the Pal Injectomatic. If forced to chose one fav, however, it would be the Pal Injectomatic, which shaves identical to the the G, but seems better built and more solid.
Wow, what a difference the shaver makes....I mean I really like my G a lot more than my Injectomatics (I have a few Brits and a few American Pals).

I've always heard varying reports on efficiency, closeness, comfort, aggressiveness (and other descriptors) between the various Schicks and Eversharps....but I really don't register a major difference between the 15 different Schick models. That said, I'll admit that I still have my favorites across the various models, but those prefs are largely driven by look and the history they represent -- my Schick Repeater (Type A) delivers the same shave experience as my Type O (clone), but the Repeater is a cooler looking razor to my old eyes.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Wow, what a difference the shaver makes....I mean I really like my G a lot more than my Injectomatics (I have a few Brits and a few American Pals).

I've always heard varying reports on efficiency, closeness, comfort, aggressiveness (and other descriptors) between the various Schicks and Eversharps....but I really don't register a major difference between the 15 different Schick models. That said, I'll admit that I still have my favorites across the various models, but those prefs are largely driven by look and the history they represent -- my Schick Repeater (Type A) delivers the same shave experience as my Type O (clone), but the Repeater is a cooler looking razor to my old eyes.

I think it is more of a gradual slope rather than steep steps between the various Schicks .. I have had then all A to O, and all will shave well, but the later versions are milder than I prefer. I can tell a difference but it is slight

G

Guest2023

I had E2, E3 and three Gs. E2 and E3 was a bit efficient than all of my G. I prefer both to Pal injectomatic.

Very much so. My E2 is a very aggressive razor, but is very easy to use and gives the best shave in my den. The G is less aggressive but is very efficient and so user-friendly. I often describe the G as the best Schick for the most people.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
The Schick E's & G's Canadian injectors are similar in a 2 pass shave IMO. I really enjoy my E's & G's because of the perfect size and feel in my hand & enjoy them very much. The injectors with the parallel grooves on the safety bar supposedly skin stretch a little in theory. E3 and G's have this feature on the safety bar.
Schick Cluster (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

The Schick E's & G's Canadian injectors are similar in a 2 pass shave IMO. I really enjoy my E's & G's because of the perfect size and feel in my hand & enjoy them very much. The injectors with the parallel grooves on the safety bar supposedly skin stretch a little in theory. E3 and G's have this feature on the safety bar.
View attachment 1317131
Have some great shaves!
I've looked at the helpful charts on identifying Schick Es and Gs posted on B & B, but I'm still fuzzy on the differences between them. I have four Schick injectors, all with really cool Bakelite handles. Two of them open and the other two don't. I assume they all are Es because the Gs don't have Bakelite handles. No matter the differences, they all shave great.

I have not seen a US made G with a bakelite handle, but that doesn't mean that it didn't happen. The Canadian models are a but different and they may have continued use of bakelite for a bit longer. On US models, Gs have two patent dates. The word Eversharp on the razor is a dead giveaway as well.

I have not seen a US made G with a bakelite handle, but that doesn't mean that it didn't happen. The Canadian models are a but different and they may have continued use of bakelite for a bit longer. On US models, Gs have two patent dates. The word Eversharp on the razor is a dead giveaway as well.
Many thanks for what I consider the authoritative word. The bottom line is that I have four Es and enjoy them all.

bit late to the party, and I can't compare my E to a G type, but with an I type. And for sure the E is more agressive than the I. The I is my favorite I must admit.

I'm not sure how different the E and G types are, since i've only used a type E and I broke the handle of my G while cleaning it before even had the chance of using it, but i'm more confused with the numbers they have. I still to this day haven't seen a clear high resolution pictures that shows the difference between the different E and G types. Almost every picture I find is too fuzzy when I zoom in. In some websites my E type is described as E2 and in others as E3.

Top Bottom