What's new

Is TGN the best place to buy Badger knots?

@Kennyg2019
shavemac, Maggards, Elite Razor, Envy Shave, Ali Express, AP. I'm sure others will add to the possibilities for you to consider. Have fun exploring!

Last edited:
I recently ordered a Maggards SHD 2-band after reading a lot of reviews. Unfortunately I cannot add to the chorus because I have not had a chance to try it.

I think the source is Oumo if that helps.

Is there any other store besides TGN that sells quality Badger knots?
Thanks.
TGN is an excellent source especially for their finest badger knots.

A couple of other sources for good badger knots is Whipped Dog and Maggards.

Whipped Dog High Mountain is an excellent two band finest. Whipped Dog Silvertip is also an excellent high end knot. Don't bother with their black badger unless you like scratching your face.

Maggards Finest is exceptional. I'm told that the high density finest is still better but I'll never know because of how satisfied I am with the regular finest. Maggards silvertips are good but I like Whipped Dog better. If you would consider a synthetic, their Black and White is exceptional.

I also by knots through AliExpress from Virginia Sheng and ACE and I'm very satisfied with them.

TGN is an excellent source especially for their finest badger knots.

A couple of other sources for good badger knots is Whipped Dog and Maggards.

Whipped Dog High Mountain is an excellent two band finest. Whipped Dog Silvertip is also an excellent high end knot. Don't bother with their black badger unless you like scratching your face.

Maggards Finest is exceptional. I'm told that the high density finest is still better but I'll never know because of how satisfied I am with the regular finest. Maggards silvertips are good but I like Whipped Dog better. If you would consider a synthetic, their Black and White is exceptional.

I also by knots through AliExpress from Virginia Sheng and ACE and I'm very satisfied with them.
Is this the Maggards? It says “2 Band”
I couldn’t find “Finest HD”
C89F16F1-9AF2-4D24-8253-C7CEEAE05A1C.jpeg

Also, is Fan better than Bulb?
Won’t Fan splay out really wide?

Yup, 2-band and finest are loosely the same thing...
Nope. Bulb is way better than fan. :lol: :eek2:
Yes fans will more easily splay than bulbs of the same dimensions and hair.

Last edited:
Top Bottom