What's new

Is Speick tube cream something special?

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Magic? Science? I have no idea. What I do know is that I had a notably great shave this morning with Speick superlather. . .

Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 10.47.35 AM.png

Never tried the speick. But I think you're like me, simply can't take any kind of artificial scent in any creams.

I avoid creams with strong scent because it burns my skin no matter how many days apart I shave.

The product is certified for not containing artificial fragrances:
Certified Natural Cosmetics (COSMOS):
Free from synthetic fragrances and colours, silicones, parabens and mineral oils. Gluten- and lactose-free. Basic care. Dermatologically and allergologically tested.

However, you might be allergic to another chemicals, not sure if it's worth risking to buy it, as you are not based in Europe.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Recently I have been using two high performing soaps - Ach Brito Mogno, and Seaforth. I have been pairing them with aggressive Yaqi razors to get a super-close BBS. Using the marco method to develop a great lather. I have been using Cella in a tub as well with the Marco method.

Now, normally when I do this, I have to take a break every couple of days. My skin just can't take it. It has always been that way for me - I figured I just have sensitive skin.

Recently, on a whim, I bought Speick cream in a tube. I am in shock. Whipping up a great lather takes all of 30 seconds. And my skin, when I wash the soap off, just feels phenomenal. No tiny sting, it feels like I didn't even shave.

Because I am a dork, I tried some A-B testing. Using a brand new feather blade each day, I shaved with Speick on the first two days, Seaforth on the third (it hurt to rinse my face a bit), and Speick on the fourth. Each Speick day, rinsing felt great. The Seaforth day hurt a bit, as my soap days usually do.

What is this magic? Is it particular to Speick? Or are there other creams that have an even better rinse feeling?
I figured I might as well provide an update. Speick is indeed special, but, that specialness is shared with at least one other cream - La Toja. Truly a marvelous cream.

bought some the other day and some nivea
only been into DE shaving 6 months
but the Speick and nivea are very nice and for me better than anything else so far in cremes and might be some of my fav with conk for hard

agree with others the post part is so nice and clean non dry smooth feeling
and for me the nivea sensitive I am using is close not sure which one is going to take the lead

that said I am not into AS so much BUT going to get some speick I think to go with my Nivea balm I am loving more than AS cause if the creme has such good post maybe the AS splash will to :)

I figured I might as well provide an update. Speick is indeed special, but, that specialness is shared with at least one other cream - La Toja. Truly a marvelous cream.
Love it. But I wouldn't miss it as long as I had La Toja, which is superior IMO
The problem I have with La Toja cream is the extensive use of sulfates and foaming chemicals such as:
sodium lauryl sulfate , sodium myrityl sulfate , sodium cetyl sulfate , laureth-10 , sodium stearyl sulfate , sodium sulfate

I know these ingredients are used in many other modern products like shampoos and liquid soap, but with many options out there, including the magnificent La Toja stick (which has a very clean ingredient list), I have always passed on La Toja cream

In the meantime, I have just bought a tube of Speick cream, can’t wait to try it

Last edited:
🤔 Guessing I'm going to add this on to my want list for my next West Coast Shaving order.... Just have to decide on soap, cream or both to try. Living in the northeast having something highly moisturizing in the winter months is a must, at least for me.

🤔 Guessing I'm going to add this on to my want list for my next West Coast Shaving order.... Just have to decide on soap, cream or both to try. Living in the northeast having something highly moisturizing in the winter months is a must, at least for me.
I have used the cream, stick and tub (sport). The tub just evaporated....used x 2 and 50%+ vanished and I got a sticky lather with it..... Cream and stick are outstanding.....

another today with the speick and follow up with my normal nivea balm I need to bring balance :) BUT I almost feel the balm is a bit to much and needs a bit of thinning after with some splash which to me is a good thing as the post skin for me has been better than the Fine platinum I used the day before again
I know this is all personal but also the scent goes well with the nivea balm and again allergies sensitive skin its been really nice and great feedback on this forum has been so awesome to learn over my 6 months in still look forward to loading a blade and lathering up !

First day with Speick cream and it was very good. Whipped up a thick creamy lather with a small amount. The scent is nice, pairs perfectly with Myrsol Água Balsamica. Very good shave!

I notice Speick makes the shaving creams for Muhle (the ingredient list is pretty much the same). They are more expensive, but come in 3 different scents for those who don’t appreciate the tangy Speick smell

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
First day with Speick cream and it was very good. Whipped up a thick creamy lather with a small amount. The scent is nice, pairs perfectly with Myrsol Água Balsamica. Very good shave!

I notice Speick makes the shaving creams for Muhle (the ingredient list is pretty much the same). They are more expensive, but come in 3 different scents for those who don’t appreciate the tangy Speick smell
Agua balsamica would be amazing with speick

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom