What's new

Is Simpson okay?

I have been out of the loop for a couple years here. I was just looking around all the usual vendors and notice Simpson offerings seem to be absent at some where they used to be carried and far fewer models than I remember at those where they are present. I hope it is just a fluctuation in stock. Has there been any word about it?

I always prefer to order from the Simpsons website. Never any problems. Mark has started a thread not long ago.

I am a big Simpsons fan! Mine have been purchased from WCS or The Superior Shave with no issues.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I don't see them much at the top of people's favorite brushes, but I've always considered them a dependable middle of the road brush for a middle of the road price. The Chubby is popular with some.

They're still kicking as well as ever.
20181002_190031.jpg

I have several Simpsons and every one is a quality brush. Everyone should have a Chubby 2 in either best or super. It's just a wonderful brush.

Simpson brushes are well regarded. Not the only game in town, but a very big player. See their web page, or take a look at Maggard Razors.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
I have long been and remain a fan of Simpson shaving brushes. The brand has an unmatched legacy that casts a long shadow. And I've seen no evidence of diminution in quality since I bought my first Simpson about seven years ago.

I think retail distribution/representation of brushes has probably changed dramatically alongside (and influenced by) evolution of production (more makers), the wet-shaving community's expansion across the internet, increased product availability from a broader range of outlets, and highly aggressive competition from Chinese makers, all of which forces adaptation.

It's a very challenging space, but there's probably never been a better time to be a wet-shaver.

Chiefbroom said so perfectly and makes a great brush also. Just wish he made a Rover style handle.

They have a boat load of options. I like the Simpsons website as well. They have some colorful options along side their standard ivory offerings. Superior Shave is also a nice place. You can pick the actual brush you will receive. And great customer service!

What a relief! I'm glad to hear it. I should have thought about holidays coming up making it busy. I had been getting a bit frantic as I thought I had lost my Duke 3 in a recent move, but was very happy to find it today in a forgotten box!

My favorite Simpson and the one I have kept in my den is the Commodore x2 in best.

It has the perfect characteristics of a badger brush for me.

I put off buying a Simpson for far too long. Got 2 this year and they are tops in my modest rotation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom