What's new

Is Shaving.ie still active?

I placed an order with them a couple of weeks ago but it's still stuck at the Processing stage unlike the quick order-to-ship time as I remember. Emails to Chris both on the site form and through email are met with no response either.

Has anyone made contact with Chris recently or made an successful order over the past few weeks?

I hope that nothing's befallen him, but at the same time I wish to know if any circumstances have arisen preventing the fulfilment of orders, because I really do not want to resort to a chargeback if he's still working on the order given his store's good reputation.

Is there any recent postings/updates on their social media accounts?

Not at all regarding any recent matters. There are reviews for some products that indicate people have received items at the start of July, so there's that. I wish he'd check/respond with anything at all just so that I can at least have an acknowledgement of the situation.

Sincerely hope someone in this forum who has an idea of what's going on can chime in.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I placed an order on 9 July and received it 21 hours later with their usual quick service and I am looking to place another order in the next couple of weeks.
I have never had a slow delivery (with the exception of an order placed just before Easter weekend that I should have ordered earlier, or later). Keep emailing [email protected] as Chris has always replied to my queries
On a similar note can anyone tell me if AliExpress is a real website? as I am yet to receive a single thing I have ordered from them.

On a similar note can anyone tell me if AliExpress is a real website? as I am yet to receive a single thing I have ordered from them.
AliExpress is a legitimate website, but they are middlemen between you and the actual seller.
They handle the ordering and payments, but other people are actually shipping the stuff to you. Every storefront on AliExpress is different. Sellers get rated and penalized if they screw up. They don't get paid if you file a dispute with AliExpress on your order.

I placed an order on 9 July and received it 21 hours later with their usual quick service and I am looking to place another order in the next couple of weeks.
I have never had a slow delivery (with the exception of an order placed just before Easter weekend that I should have ordered earlier, or later). Keep emailing [email protected] as Chris has always replied to my queries

Hopefully he'll see my email during this business week. I've never had this issue with Shaving.ie before which is what makes it so puzzling for me.

AliExpress is my go-to for any random household goods that I need. Shipping may take some time, but of the many orders I've made over the years, only one didn't arrive and the refund was prompt on their end.

As always, do your Google homework on any item you're looking to buy and look out for seller/item ratings. It's a trustworthy site, but items can fail to meet expectations (the Oumo "Cashmere" I got recently...) and the process after that may be a bit more convoluted.

I placed an order with them a couple of weeks ago but it's still stuck at the Processing stage unlike the quick order-to-ship time as I remember. Emails to Chris both on the site form and through email are met with no response either.

Has anyone made contact with Chris recently or made an successful order over the past few weeks?

I hope that nothing's befallen him, but at the same time I wish to know if any circumstances have arisen preventing the fulfilment of orders, because I really do not want to resort to a chargeback if he's still working on the order given his store's good reputation.

This has been resolved. Chris replied, it turns out that the Irish mail has restrictions due to the 'Rona. No fault of his, I was unaware of this and missed it on the An Post page. Guess this package is going to be one of those surprise self-presents if it ever gets to be mailed.

I've ordered dozens of things from them largely without issue. Only one wasn't sent and I was refunded.
Did you contact customer service?

Top Bottom