What's new

Is shaving cream effeminate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few of the guys in this thread seemed to suggest that only Real Men (capital R, capital M) use shaving soaps.

I was pondering the merits of this concept when @AshleyC noted that HE is exclusively a cream user. Well that certainly threw a spanner in the works because Ashley comes across as one of the manliest men on this very forum, and is a man who is utterly au fait with all of the essential manly arts.

As a result of this confusion, I’ve decided to open this thread to settle this issue once and for all: is shaving cream effeminate? Please post your thoughts.

My God! How could I not comment on this thread when I have been called out as an exemplar of the virtues masculine?

I never framed soap versus cream in the same manner I would as...say...a man's man buying track lighting at Home Depot. Real men don't buy track lighting...unless it is a means to illuminate a display case of recovered battlefield musket balls.

My preference for creams is merely a nod towards their obvious expediency. They are faster, more efficient to deploy. As much as I would like for every shave to be a timeless, Zen-like experience, most times I need them to be quick.

I have often likened soaps versus creams to be like cigars versus pipes. Cigars are efficient and expedient. Pipes are...fussy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom