What's new

Is shaving cream effeminate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I had to look up most of the words in the original post.
Way above my pay grade and education level.

I don’t own any creams so I don’t know. I suppose just asking someone who uses both would be more reveling.

Hi. When you use a cream do you feel less manly then when using a soap?

I’m pretty sure most people would answer with “what?” especially a woman.

• Haha
Reactions: Cal
Soaps and creams are the concentrate you make lather from; creams are quicker to lather.
So where does canned foam and gel sit in this model? :popc:

I use a straight razor. That completely eliminates my need to prove my masculinity to anyone. I'll use whatever soap/cream/aftershave/cologne in whatever tobacco/floral scent that makes me happy.

Most conversations that start with a 'Real men do(nt) .. ' are going to be opinionated and without basis. Cream, gel, soaps are all means to an end. Does not matter what one uses.

And though I use soaps myself, I don't consider creams/gels etc. effeminate.

Not to take this off-topic but a few days back I was thinking about the Rose scented shaving soaps that a lot of folks on the forums use. I have always associated rose scents with the traditional perfumes that women in India use. But does that make the rose scent effeminate? Who decides whether anything is effeminate or not?

Ad Astra

The Instigator

Not to take this off-topic but a few days back I was thinking about the Rose scented shaving soaps that a lot of folks on the forums use. I have always associated rose scents with the traditional perfumes that women in India use. But does that make the rose scent effeminate? Who decides whether anything is effeminate or not?

Agree. The Romans though rose-water-scent manly; who are we to disagree?

Many great EdCs are, hm, go both ways. Let the user decide.

AA

Lets drill down further whats more manly tallow soap or non tallow soap? I will let myself out Thanks.

I've seen a lot of silly/ridiculous threads and questions in my time on B&B but this one takes the cake. The idea that any one thing - or several things - makes a man "effeminate" makes no sense.

if Using Shaving Cream is effeminate, so is participating in an online shaving community.

One of the reasons I have liked B&B is the low number of troll threads like this.

The only consistent truisms in threads and topics of this nature is most people would agree that one of the mostly unmanly acts of unmanliness is to care about what constitutes manliness, be yourself.

Depends what you’re shaving I guess.

1593631637286.jpeg

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Everyone knows manly men don't shave because they live in a cabin in the woods and the facial hair scares the bears away

I'm trying to understand why anyone would think shave creams would be effeminate and why and, I'm failing to rationalize the thought process behind it.

I use both. Shave soap is basically dried shave cream. I also use, and very much like, CRS Wild Rose cream. No one has ever suggested I was effeminate.

I've also used Dawn dish soap to shave with. I dont think that made me any manlier, but it sure helped with technique.

Maybe not directly suggested it and not to your knowledge, but who knows what your mates are saying while they slam a pint down at their local drinking den.

The only consistent truisms in threads and topics of this nature is most people would agree that one of the mostly unmanly acts of unmanliness is to care about what constitutes manliness, be yourself.
I didn't want to suggest the OP had some issues with insecurity but yup.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom