What's new

Is Proraso White a good soap?

It's good but......Proraso Green is great

It's a world of pain if like me you have sensitive skin. I can't handle eucalyptus on my face. I have some hand lotion I love that has eucalyptus in small amounts but it doesn't work very well on my face, on thinner skin, it just feels too irritating.

The menthol in the white, sensitive skin soap is even pushing things a bit. It's not as gentle as Nivea's products for sensitive skin, but it's a huge improvement over the green line's old fashioned Italian barber formula. The green tea and oat as ingredients do help alot, and it isn't heavily fragranced. So overall I think it's good, but probably not acceptable for all people with sensitive skin.

I went ahead and bought the matching preshave and aftershave balm. The soap doesn't wow me like some shave creams or gels I have tried but perhaps with the preshave and balm, it will. It's definitely a good, reliable performer at the very least. I guess I see this as the best of a traditional, mass market shave product, so I'm willing to keep it in my rotation.

It's a world of pain if like me you have sensitive skin. I can't handle eucalyptus on my face. I have some hand lotion I love that has eucalyptus in small amounts but it doesn't work very well on my face, on thinner skin, it just feels too irritating.

The menthol in the white, sensitive skin soap is even pushing things a bit. It's not as gentle as Nivea's products for sensitive skin, but it's a huge improvement over the green line's old fashioned Italian barber formula. The green tea and oat as ingredients do help alot, and it isn't heavily fragranced. So overall I think it's good, but probably not acceptable for all people with sensitive skin.

I went ahead and bought the matching preshave and aftershave balm. The soap doesn't wow me like some shave creams or gels I have tried but perhaps with the preshave and balm, it will. It's definitely a good, reliable performer at the very least. I guess I see this as the best of a traditional, mass market shave product, so I'm willing to keep it in my rotation.

I’m sorry you can’t use Eucalyptus, that definitely rules out the Green. I hate the menthol in the White also but love it in the Green.

The White is top-tier in post-shave for my oil prone skin. I don’t enjoy shaving with the White though. There’s so much stuff out there though, if it isn’t fun to shave with, move on to something else. Plenty out there to choose from!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Proraso is a very solid, respectable brand and has been producing great products for decades. Their newest Super Formula creams and soaps are EXCEPTIONAL, especially when used in combo with the matching pre-shaves. :001_wub:

In Fall and Winter, I really like Proraso Red. The shea butter helps the post-shave feel. The sandalwood scent is enjoyable in the cooler weather. At first, the scent was too strong with unpleasant chemical overtones, but leaving the container open for about a week got rid of that, leaving a mild Sandalwood scent.

When the red tub runs out, I'm looking forward to trying the Super Formula version.

I love all 4 Proraso creams, the red, the white, the green and the blue.
Best for the skin and best skin feel after the shave is definitely the white and the blue cream.

Proraso white is great, I used a tube of it when I first started, and I still use the white balm to this day, I've accepted the fact that I will always have a proraso product in my rotation.

I love Proraso White, I always get a great shave . I love the scent , it is my favorite of the three Proraso soaps . Outstanding sickness , razor glides effortlessly. Post shave feel is excellent.

I can read some Italian and one kind of red Cella tub says "crema da barba" (shaving cream), another box says "crema sapone" (which I believe means "cream soap").

I suppose the benzaldehyde would be a concern for me as I have reacted to that sort of thing before, especially if it's a strongly scented product. Another would be the relatively short shelf life. It seems like a product you really have to love to use.
I really like the performance of Cella. However, my skin has an allergy to benzaldehyde. Therefore, I can not use it.

I use Proraso White Preshave and the Proraso White Shaving cream with good results.

If you think you might have an allergy, I recommend you check the list of ingredients and avoid the chemicals that are offensive to your skin. This means you may have to try things and observe. In effect, build an approved chemical list over time.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I really like the performance of Cella. However, my skin has an allergy to benzaldehyde. Therefore, I can not use it.

I use Proraso White Preshave and the Proraso White Shaving cream with good results.

If you think you might have an allergy, I recommend you check the list of ingredients and avoid the chemicals that are offensive to your skin. This means you may have to try things and observe. In effect, build an approved chemical list over time.

Sir, try the new Cella Extra Extra Bio. ;)

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I used Proraso White Tub for today’s shave. I had a very good shave again with this wonderful shaving soap.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Nobile Black Tie
Blade: New Lord Platinum (2)
Brush: Semogue 830
Soap: Proraso White :001_wub:
Aftershave: Osage Rub
039_50.jpg

Top Bottom