What's new

Is Parker underrated?

Ive used Parker shavettes in the past and they were always well-crafted and worked well. Recently, I picked up a Parker 87R and 26C and while the ball fit is a bit sloppy in them (nothing you cant easily fix by slightly adjusting the ball before you fully tighten it up though) the chroming is fantastic and they are beautiful razors that give a nice, mild shave.
I know that Ive heard Parker had quality issues in the past but everything Ive bought from them has been great.
So, is Parker underrated?

My first DE was the 98R; since then I’ve added the 96R and the Variant, and I’m currently thinking about the Semi-Slant to compare against my RR German 37. All these Parkers have been very well-made; I understand that in the early days Parker had some quality issues, but it seems that for a good few years now these have been largely resolved. I can only attest that my examples are absolutely fine.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I've only used a 22 Interceptor, and it worked fine for me, with no noticeable issues. I gave it away solely because I liked milder razors more.

I started DE shaving with a Parker 91 R and was surprised at the quality for a low price. Perfect chrome finish and fit with a deeply knurled, heavy handle. Excellent mild razor for a beginner.

I started DE shaving with a Parker 91R in 2007 and the blade fit in my razor was definitely iffy on a good day; I just didn't know enough back then to realize it. Shortly after I started, it gave me a severe cut during a routine shaving stroke and I promptly binned it, switching to a Tech once I healed. Parker may have improved their QC since then, but I have no desire to test my luck.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Always been curious. What is the most efficient Parker razor? I have tried the variant and we'll curious about the others

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Parker has upped their game significantly in the last 5-6 years. They make good razors and shavettes and Variant is the best modern mass-produced adjustable on the market right now.

I actually got a Variant just a month ago. Gents, that is a good one for me. It seems they are made in India so China needs to watch out apparently. It surprised me how I had to really dial it back down to "1" or "1.5" out of I believe "4". The shape of the head is a no-go under the nose going with the grain. The head has a high profile to it. So under the nose is best done going across from side-to-side.

A winner and at a great price too with flawless fit and finish. Highly recommended from someone who has tried a bunch of them.

Btw, I forgot to mention Parker 29L
I bought a Parker 29L Pink for my daughter and a 29L Lavender for my wife.
They are both very pleased with their razors.
For a womans legs, bikini line and armpits the 29L is apperently just mild and efficient enough ;)

My one experience with a parker razor was with the 26C. It was an efficient razor but a bit too much blade feel for my taste. My take was neutral with Parker.

1598864050959.png

I have a Parker 111b and a Parker Semi-slant.
The Semi-slant is one of my absolute favorite razors.

I have just placed an order for a Parker SRX Shavette

I agree. The Parker Semi-slant is one of the best DE razors available at a very reasonable price.

I doubt the Parker SRX will upstage a Feather Artist Club DX or even the less expensive Feather AC SS. However, at a fraction of the price, the Parker SRX appears to be an excellent shavette. Since the Parker uses half DE blades, you have a much wider range of options for blades than you do with the Artist Club.

Got a Parker Semi-Slant last summer - it's at the top of the list of my non-vintage razors. If you're thinking about one, it's a sound choice. OTOH, the Parker branded blades are nothing special.

Top Bottom