What's new

Is Oneblade struggling ?

Then jump up and down and pat yourself on the back. Some have stated that they cannot and are willing to spend to get what they want. Everyone should feel whatever they feel. Most marketing of any higher end product sells a lifestyle. Those ads might convince someone to buy, but OneBlade offers a trial period. If the razor didn't live up to an individual's expectations they can send it right back for a full refund.

Simple, no?

This isn't about whether I'd buy one. At this point I'm being judgmental about wanting to do business with them at all, except for those who absolutely must have a pivoting single blade razor (and even then I'd look for competing options) so as to not further encourage this kind of behavior from vendors.

I've been curious about OneBlade for a long time and a coupon for the Core at $19.95 proved too tempting, so I ordered one. If I don't like it, at least I'm not out a lot of money compared to the regular prices.
$20. For a plastic razor with a bad track record , not to mention those Dreadful
Feather blades. Oh boy that sounds great sign me up immediately.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Seems it’s a very polarizing razor ala the R41. Not much middle ground it seems. Oh well it’s JUST shaving.

I like my OneBlade, the shaves I get from it and don’t care about the blade cost. In fact I enjoy using it as I look out over my vast oil fields. The other members of my royal family feel the same.

Question for anyone who has used both the Core, and the other models with the metal head...

Is there a big difference in the shave you get? Does the metal head actually make a big difference? I tried the Core for about 7 days, and was never able to get a smooth shave. No irritation or anything, I just couldn't get all of my beard removed.

Question for anyone who has used both the Core, and the other models with the metal head...

Is there a big difference in the shave you get? Does the metal head actually make a big difference? I tried the Core for about 7 days, and was never able to get a smooth shave. No irritation or anything, I just couldn't get all of my beard removed.
Metal head makes a huge difference. Night and day.

My Core arrived yesterday so I took it for a spin this morning with Cade soap and RazoRock synthetic brush. For the first shave on a new razor, it was more than acceptable. I had no issues shaving my neck at all, which is usually problematic for me; no nicks, weepers, or irritation and a very comfortable shave overall. Looking forward to seeing if this holds up over time.

Metal head makes a huge difference. Night and day.
I have a hybrid and core. For me the hybrid is slightly closer. Not night and day like @Theodore experienced, but noticeable.

Thanks to you both for the feedback! I may have to try one of the models with the metal heads at some point; the price of the ones with the metal head is what kept me from trying it in the first place, but maybe I'll revisit.

I tried the OneBlade first before trying a DE razor (when switching from cart razors). I get nice shaves with a DE razor, but my shaves do take longer than before. Can you guys get your shave done pretty fast with the OneBlade?

Thanks to you both for the feedback! I may have to try one of the models with the metal heads at some point; the price of the ones with the metal head is what kept me from trying it in the first place, but maybe I'll revisit.

I tried the OneBlade first before trying a DE razor (when switching from cart razors). I get nice shaves with a DE razor, but my shaves do take longer than before. Can you guys get your shave done pretty fast with the OneBlade?
Repetition is the mother of skill. Continuing to shave with a DE razor will make DE shaving faster over time.

I’d buy it for $20.00. When I see that I’ll give it a go.

use code TGIF for free shipping all weekend long ( that's what the email said ) and also

The oneblade does help me go faster. The pivot means that, for me, any given stroke is more likely to have the exact right angle. This means that touchups and stroke repetition become less frequently necessary.

I’ll add my .02. I emailed OneBlade last month asking about why they invented the V2 and changed from the V1 that took the GEM blades. I’ll be honest, at one point I had 3 V1 as it was my favorite razor. After losing two and my daughter finding a way to pull one off my bathroom counter and messing it up I was left with only a V2. It still will accept the GEM blades that give me great shaves, but it’s not the same.

The reply they sent me basically said that while they haven’t came to a decision yet, they have been in talks about a razor that accepts other blades. I have voiced my opinion with them on FB and through this email, maybe one day my voice will be heard as it’s hard to find a V1 now. I’d also like to try the Vector, but to be honest the V1 OB gave me the best shaved I ever have had.

From Mantic59

"OneBlade v2 (and Core, presumably) have a head that’s redesigned from v1, using a patent-pending “Active Floating Blade Approach System” (AFBAS). AFBAS claims to allow the blade to float in 3 axes, while preserving blade angle, blade exposure, and blade gap. What they’ve done, I believe, is add a longitudinal pivot point halfway back from the cutting blade to allow the blade to rock up and down during the shave. [N[Note from Mantic59: my understanding is the engineering of the Genesis and Core heads are slightly different but achieve similar results.]"

Doesn’t that shave dry? I’ve looked into it. Do you like it?

Sorry, I missed your post.

Yes it shaves dry or wet. Yes I like it...love it. It isn't perfect. Stray hairs can be a problem. if you have a tough beard you probably will not get a close enough shave and you'll have a 5 o clock shadow. For me, with my easy to cut whiskers, I can get a shave just a fraction less close than with a regular razor and with no irritation, no burn, no cuts. In 5 minutes (after a bit of practice. 45 minutes the first time i tried it!). Not sexy, not fun, not meditative, but it is most convenient.

I jumped on the $19.99 deal and received mine yesterday and all I can say is WOW! It was a great and effortless shave. The best part was under my jawline which I regularly have trouble with a DE and sometimes get a slight burn. I was pretty aggressive with the OneBlade after watching a few videos while I waited for it to arrive. No nicks, cuts or burn at all. I think the key is making sure you engage the pivot on each pass to make sure the head is flat against your skin. I did get some slight tugging but not sure if that was the blade or my technique. BTW, I used Proraso Green.

Now blade cost, that's another story. After a quick search, I see you can get them for about $0.50/blade if you buy in bulk which is obviously a lot. How is it Feather DE blades can be had for <$0.25/blade and last longer? I will see how many shaves I can get but I see most folks saying 2-3 with a few saying they can get up to 5. Keep in mind with a regular DE blade you may be able to get 5 shaves out of it but with OneBlade you have half the blade surface so 2-3 shaves makes sense, it's the cost that doesn't.

Also, I received the try 3 for 14 days and get $79 off. However, right now I am pleasantly surprised at the feel and quality of the OneBlade Core. If they could just get a handle on the blade pricing this would be a great razor. I most likely will at least use it once in a while or as a dedicated travel razor

I haven't tried mine yet. By engaging the pivot do you mean going past the 30/45 degree angle normally suggested before you make the pass? The pivot doesn't seem to kick in very easily if I just bring it out to a 30degree angle.

Top Bottom