What's new

Is Oneblade struggling ?

@napoleon The Oneblade V2/Genesis does accept despined Gems without notching for most people I’ve heard of who’ve tried it - you’re the first person I’ve heard of for whom they slip out.

It’s all I use these days. It works great for me.

I know, and I bought it with using gem blades on my mind. I've tried the V1 and had no problems with unclipped gems but tried the gem on my v2 and it slipped out. Or better yet, slanted out. Just doesn't jave enough friction on the sides to hold it in place.

I know, and I bought it with using gem blades on my mind. I've tried the V1 and had no problems with unclipped gems but tried the gem on my v2 and it slipped out. Or better yet, slanted out. Just doesn't jave enough friction on the sides to hold it in place.

That is really quite strange to me. There’s so much friction inside the head of mine it bends the blade slightly!

I wouldn’t have expected there to be so much variation in the internal geometries of the heads.

Oh well :-(

The problem is that if the business is in dire straits, $20 per razor isn’t going to do more than stave things off for a bit. Considering the nice segment and added blade toss-ins, margins can’t possibly be enough to make a difference.

Given the fact they were adamant you should use a new blade every day and now they're saying they last 2-3 days, I'd say yes, they're struggling.

Is it possible they are just clearing out old stock? Maybe they are coming out with a new budget razor to replace the current Core model.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Is it possible they are just clearing out old stock? Maybe they are coming out with a new budget razor to replace the current Core model.

I doubt it. I went through my inbox. Here are the dates and the subjects of the email pertaining to their sale. Maybe nothing is up, but the way the campaign was run, it just felt desperate.

Sept 13th Surprise: Black Friday Starts NOW
50% off nearly everything including the Genesis

Sept 16th Are we rushing this Black Friday thing?
P.S. This sale will end on Monday and the most popular items will certainly sell out long before then. So don’t delay.

the 16th was a Monday so apparently they meant a week from the 16th

Sept 19th "I can personally testify that it is THE BEST razor I have ever used."
Use your personal coupon code for 50% off these items at checkout:

Sept 22nd Last call for 50% off
Use your personal coupon code for 50% off these items at checkout: {{ person|lookup:'BF Discount Code'|default:'xxxxxxx' }}

Sept 23rd DEADLINE EXTENDED | 50% off ends at midnight

A few hours later on

Sept 23rd Your 50% off coupon is inside. Just hours left...

then another series kicked off

Sept 26th 5 Days, 5 Deals: 30% off the Vertical Razor Stand

Sept 28th Today's deal is...

Sept 29th Buy One, Get One Free: After Shave Balm

Sept 30th Final Day: 24% Off for 24 Hours
so I really only count 4 not five offers unless I accidentally deleted one.

Oct 4th Free Shipping Friday - Tonight Only!

I doubt it. I went through my inbox. Here are the dates and the subjects of the email pertaining to their sale. Maybe nothing is up, but the way the campaign was run, it just felt desperate.

Sept 13th Surprise: Black Friday Starts NOW
50% off nearly everything including the Genesis

Sept 16th Are we rushing this Black Friday thing?
P.S. This sale will end on Monday and the most popular items will certainly sell out long before then. So don’t delay.

the 16th was a Monday so apparently they meant a week from the 16th

Sept 19th "I can personally testify that it is THE BEST razor I have ever used."
Use your personal coupon code for 50% off these items at checkout:

Sept 22nd Last call for 50% off
Use your personal coupon code for 50% off these items at checkout: {{ person|lookup:'BF Discount Code'|default:'xxxxxxx' }}

Sept 23rd DEADLINE EXTENDED | 50% off ends at midnight

A few hours later on

Sept 23rd Your 50% off coupon is inside. Just hours left...

then another series kicked off

Sept 26th 5 Days, 5 Deals: 30% off the Vertical Razor Stand

Sept 28th Today's deal is...

Sept 29th Buy One, Get One Free: After Shave Balm

Sept 30th Final Day: 24% Off for 24 Hours
so I really only count 4 not five offers unless I accidentally deleted one.

Oct 4th Free Shipping Friday - Tonight Only!

I certainly didn’t care for the sudden avalanche of emails - it was enough for me to unsubscribe.

I was looking at oneblade off and on for a while but just couldn't get excited about it. I watched numerous uTube oneblade product reviews and again I just didn't feel it. I'm a SE Injector fan and I'm going to invest in a Supply Co Injector Razor soon. I really like the engineering that Patrick & Jennifer (Supply Co Owners) put into the design and I'm really looking forward trying one out.

I will have to look at this supply razor everyone keeps mentioning...never tried one or seen one.. I guess I will have to look into it.

I've been curious about OneBlade for a long time and a coupon for the Core at $19.95 proved too tempting, so I ordered one. If I don't like it, at least I'm not out a lot of money compared to the regular prices.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I've been curious about OneBlade for a long time and a coupon for the Core at $19.95 proved too tempting, so I ordered one. If I don't like it, at least I'm not out a lot of money compared to the regular prices.

Well worth it at that price.

Well worth it at that price.
That's good to hear. I've struggled to find an SE razor that agrees with my face since my old G-Bar bit the dust and I've had good luck with Feather DE blades, so maybe this is a sign of good things to come.

I had one shave with mine and already put it up for sale on another forum with two other razors. It proved me too mild which is saying a lot because I have probably the most sensitive / prone to nicks skin on this forum.

I had one shave with mine and already put it up for sale on another forum with two other razors. It proved me too mild which is saying a lot because I have probably the most sensitive / prone to nicks skin on this forum.
Good to know. I prefer mild razors so it might work well for me. We shall see in a few days, I guess.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
@DougK and @cgr86 Make sure you're using it correctly.

When I got my Core, I had a couple shaves and decided it was going down the road. It didn't shave close and I literally only got three passes, actually 2 and 1/2 passes out of a blade. Then I ran across this video and tried the technique in the video. The Core quickly became a keeper and the blades last for two great shaves and I can do two more with them if I need to. The interesting part starts about 90 seconds in. I now have the Hybrid, and it's slightly more aggressive/closer shaving, but I could easily use only the Core and be happy. The "no pressure" light touch of the DE and SE does NOT apply here.

Last edited:
@DougK and @cgr86 Make sure you're using it correctly.

When I got my Core, I had a couple shaves and decided it was going down the road. It didn't shave close and I literally only got three passes, actually 2 and 1/2 passes out of a blade. Then I ran across this video and tried the technique in the video. The Core quickly became a keeper and the blades last for two great shaves and I can do two more with them if I need to. The interesting part starts about 90 seconds in. I now have the Hybrid, and it's slightly more aggressive/closer shaving, but I could easily use only the Core and be happy. The "no pressure" light touch of the DE and SE does NOT apply here.

I will give it another shot before selling.

I fell in love with it at first but then like I said, I got bored with it.
If shaving were not my hobby I would probably still be using one.
I totally agree, I own the genesis and it delivers a superb shave but it’s so forgiving it’s like shaving with a cartridge. For me it loses the ‘meditative’ quality of a good shave

Top Bottom