What's new

Is Oneblade struggling ?

Try this..

Try this..

Thanks for the link. I just ordered the CORE for $19.99. I've been thinking of trying one & you just saved me some money.

Early this year, I tried the Core as a replacement for cartridge razors. I couldn't for the life of me get a good shave with it, ( Tried it for about 7 or 8 shaves) so I returned it. This is what pushed me over the edge to try a DE razor. Now I'm glad that I did.

i cant find it. i would too.........
Mantic just sent out an email blast to his subscribers. Try

At a buck per blade when each blade is worth only two shaves, I don't care if the razor is 60% off regular price. For what it costs to feed that thing it's going to have to do more than shave to earn its keep. If it came in my house it had better make my bed, clean the bathroom and empty the cats' litter boxes while I'm at work too.

Everyone gets on Gillette's case for using the razor-and-blades pricing model. I'm not seeing where this is any different.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
They’ve been recently doing a ton of sales where all razors but the Core were 50% off. They even doing sale of the day. Today I saw the Core was $19.99 . Is that a sign that they might be struggling a bit ? I remember they used to never do a sale except for Black Friday’s. It seems like they are taking the Jcrew approach of sale after sale ?
I had the same thought after the recent early black Friday sale that would not die. I wonder if they'll be around to have a real black Friday sale this year.

Everyone gets on Gillette's case for using the razor-and-blades pricing model. I'm not seeing where this is any different.
I'll tell you how it's different. Gillette doesn't charge $50, $200 or $400 for their handles ;)

I agree they would sell more if they had picked a better blade than the feather one use blade, and on top of that tried to control the supply of said blades. That could be a motto for them OneBlade OneUse.

Full disclosure I have a Core and Hybrid I picked up on previous sales. I won't be adding to the stable but will use them. The costly blades don't mean jack given that I don't use them daily and I've got more $$$ invested in a few soaps than a years supply of these blades would cost anyway. They both shave great and if you use them as they are intended mash them hard enough to face to operate the pivot, you'll get close irritation free shaves.

They made their bed, they need to lie in it. The best thing they could do is redesign the head to allow for regular Gem blades or de-spined Gem with no clipping / futzing B.S. and cut prices in half on the handles and leave them there.

Feather DE blades are praised a lot. The FHS-10 suck and have such short blade life that Feather should be embarrassed to market them.

I wanted to like mine but I just couldn’t get a good shave with it. I wasn’t keen on the FHS blades anyway.

I find that it's a great razor (if you can get past the price which is really too steep). I'd find it high priced even ar 200$.
As for the feathers, I find them ok. Good for 4-5 passes which is cca 3 shaves for me.
Keep in mind that my genesis v2 doesn't accept despined Gem blades as they keep slipping out. I DO modify them with a dremel so they click in place

I took a look at he offer and noticed they provide a ten pack of blades, so I impulsed purchased one to try out. I probably won't won't continue beyond the provided blade supply as I am happy cycling through my Supply SE and Feather A2-D2 DE razors. So I spent $21.40 for a ten-pack disposable razor.

@napoleon The Oneblade V2/Genesis does accept despined Gems without notching for most people I’ve heard of who’ve tried it - you’re the first person I’ve heard of for whom they slip out.

It’s all I use these days. It works great for me.

Top Bottom