What's new

Is Lynn Abrams still Honing for Hire ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You bet. I like the other place too, but gravitate towards b&b due to the more renegade / free-thinking aspects. Hate to see folks get the wrong impression. Lynn and crew have helped a great deal in many ways to many of us. Takes all kinds.

As if I didn't already have enough to be grateful for from you (Thank you BTW for all your wonderfully helpful posts), but now this! LOL Lovin' it!

I have only honed 8 razors but have a massive ego can someone put me on the honemeister list?
Atta boy! I've got about 3 under my belt. What's the minimum limit? LOL
I've got a boxful to be honed, I just need the time!

Last edited by a moderator:
we are just having a bit of fun....

if someones skin is that thin they can't take a good natured bit of ribbing then they should summarily ban all people who disagree with their honing mandates and ban everyone who espouses the care and feeding of excellent shaving low priced chinese razors....

I've bought a few razors from SRD and Lynn is a great honer. I've also had the honor of having one of my straights honed by Craig (Seraphim) if he is honing for the public now i wouldn't hesitate to get him to do it for you. Films are no joke, that sucker was as sharp as any razor i've shaved with.

Great thread by the way.

Doesn't have anything to do with thin skin, just thought the people here had more class than that, not the first time I have been wrong

Last edited:

Legion

Staff member
Yes, I agree. Let's keep the bashing limited to Seraphim and slash. Lapping film is the devils work.

agreed.... i am mailing slash a roll of electrical tape as i type this....

and i am sending seraphim a new set of chopsticks...

Yes, I agree. Let's keep the bashing limited to Seraphim and slash. Lapping film is the devils work.

And electrical tape, don't forget the electrical tape.

HEY! Somebody bring me more electrical tape... I just ran out again!

$art9a.jpg

Is Lynn Abrams still the best Honemeister...

The OP asked a simple question.

I gave a simple answer: that no, he was no longer the best honemeister, I was.

I am the reigning WHC, WSHC, WLFHC united belt Champion le Monde Honemeister Extrodinaire! And nobody can prove otherwise! HA!

The caveat is that I don't hone for hire. I don't like taking responsibility for other guys' expensive toys getting lost in the mail, etc...

Plus I think everyone should hone their own razors.

And use lapping film.

And shave with Gold Dollars.

And howl at the moon every once in a while.

Legion

Staff member
I wish I could work out a way of creating a straight razor version of You Got Served, where one group of honemiesters could challenge another group to a dance off. Then it would be AWN! and the winner gets to hone the OP's razor.

That would be sweet.

when it all boils down 90% of us can make an edge just as sweet and sharp.....
Yup... No magic required.
Just $300 in stones, or $30 in lapping film and a lot of patience.

In the long run, the stones are cheaper.... just like in the long run straight razor shaving is cheaper than the Mach-III (yeahhhh.... riiiiiight it's cheaper..........)

Yup... No magic required.
Just $300 in stones, or $30 in lapping film and a lot of patience.

In the long run, the stones are cheaper.... just like in the long run straight razor shaving is cheaper than the Mach-III (yeahhhh.... riiiiiight it's cheaper..........)
tell my paypal that....

i have spent ~400$ on razors in the last month or so..... NOT TO MENTION the ones i have made.....

*(sooooooo glad swsbo doesn't have access to my paypal account.... she thinks all these razors are members that here for honing.... lol... "honey... when are you supposed to ship this one back" is code for "time to change the shaving rotation"......)

Ok, if the OP is still following the thread, I propose the following: he send one razor out to any volunteer (I'll be first, if he so desires, no pressure) maximum 4 razors (1/volunteer). We each hone to best of our abilities (not necessarily sharpest, but smooth, keen, etc) for free and we pay to send them back. He decides which edge he likes best. 1 rule: no one can use the same finisher, first to claim dibs gets it (I'll go CNAT to challenge myself, if he were to pick me).

In the end, we all get to have fun, and the OP gets 4 well-honed razors.

I guess the catch is that he may only have one razor...hmmm....And he would be trusting Le Grelots to strangers and the Shipping company. Maybe too risky for his taste. Oh well, might be fun.

Last edited:
i want in on this as a honer........

i have a couple razors i will hone and send out for him to try......

i put my edges against anyones...

I wish I could work out a way of creating a straight razor version of You Got Served, where one group of honemiesters could challenge another group to a dance off. Then it would be AWN! and the winner gets to hone the OP's razor.

That would be sweet.

You would have to come up with some kind of catch phrase for the losers of the contest. Like Survivors extinguishing their Tiki torches and the Weakest Links "You are the weakest link" etc.

I guess the catch is that he may only have one razor...hmmm....And he would be trusting Le Grelots to strangers and the Shipping company. Maybe too risky for his taste. Oh well, might be fun.
Well heck... Gold Dollars are only $8 shipped.
No reason we can't make him a 7-day set... and he can send the one he has to Lynn and compare results.

I wouldn't even put a restriction on the finishing hone, simply because the edge quality is more the honer than the hone, and there aren't that many options.

My personal progression is DMT1000, Norton 4k/8k, Naniwa 12k, C-Nat, .05 CrOX, leather, face.

You would have to come up with some kind of catch phrase for the losers of the contest. Like Survivors extinguishing their Tiki torches and the Weakest Links "You are the weakest link" etc.

"I'm sorry Mr. Smythe, but the time has come for you to breadknife your edge."

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Is Lynn Abrams still the best Honemeister and does he still provide a honing service ?

Thanks !!
Is he the best?..... well as I have not had the pleasure of trying everyones honed razors, I will leave that question to those who have....if they exist at all.
what I don't understand is you know of Lynns reputation for honing yet for some reason he needs to be #1 for you to use his services? why?
why don't we just get the old fellas out and measure up to see who the better man is while we are at it....
contact Lynn I am sure you will be happy with the result BUT half the enjoyment of SR shaving is shaving off your own honed razor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom