What's new

Is La Toja still owned by Gillette?

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Going back about 35 years, I worked on a marketing project for Gillette to develop strategies to sell their La Toja line to Latinos here in the US. The project never really went anywhere, but given the interest in and quality of their products here at B&B, I'm curious if Gillette (and thereby P&G) still owns the brand.

(Their big worldwide seller at the time was that wonderful black soap. Do they still make that?)

I don't have any idea about the acquisition or changing the ownership of La Toja, but the soap stick doesn't have any sign of Gillette or P & G.

IMG_20210126_144903.jpg

La Toja is owned by Henkel, as shown above. The soap is not made in Spain anymore, it's manufactured nowadays in either Poland or Slovakia, I think.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
And the question is still out as to whether they still use the mysterious and magical ingredients from Spain 🤔

Also not that I know much about it but I would think there might be some differences in Spain v the Latin (us)market.

Yes I do and no, we do not have any Gillette products in the house.

We do have some P&G stuff and very few at that (wife is also on board), but my beef is with the Gillette division - so I stay away from that which is odd because I am a vintage Gillette guy, but Gillette doesn't get anything when I buy a vintage razor :001_tongu.

Top Bottom