What's new

Is it wrong to PIF?

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I PIF a lot of stuff I don't want but can't bear to toss, or stuff I think will help spread the joy of straight shaving. Why not?

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
A member from Oregon sent me 7 a. m. blades.

These blades are not popular.

But I use them and get good mileage from.

Send your unwanted stuff. I sent a communist razor to a member here. He liked it.

Actually it was unneeded, not unwanted.

YMMV. And even if the receiver of the PIF also hates the item, you may have saved them from purchasing it.

Good point. It's a relatively painless way to try something out and pass it on. Sooner or later, every shoe finds a foot, just ask Cinderella.....

Almost on topic.....

Where do I find one of the random number pickers that folks here use to pick their PIF winners? Link me, anyone?

I wouldn't know if I like it or not... Never tried a synthetic of any sort... I've tried a boar someone PIF'd to me and a VDH boar brush, and ended up getting rid of the VDH brush in a pass around from a knife forum... Didn't like that VDH... Though the handle was cool...

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Good point. It's a relatively painless way to try something out and pass it on. Sooner or later, every shoe finds a foot, just ask Cinderella.....

Almost on topic.....

Where do I find one of the random number pickers that folks here use to pick their PIF winners? Link me, anyone?

Sometimes I just pull a name out of the hat. Sometimes I use the last digit or the last two digits of the forum total post count when I close the PIF. Next time I might use the powerball numbers. Sometimes I make a contest of it. I even used the eeny meanie money moe method once. Any way you do it, someone is giving and someone is getting so its all good.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
The Stalin Slant?

No, It wasn't the Stalin Slant. It was an ordinary model. I guess 'communist razor' is no longer used. And that August West is a joker.​

PIFing has replaced RAD for me, since I am trying to curb spending. I realized I gave lots of good stuff that isn't being used, so what better way to use it than send it to someone who might enjoy it. I just unloaded an extra bottle of AS, and now I am going through my pipe collection. PIFing is addictive, for me, and I love making it a contest (song lyrics, limerick, etc.).

Top Bottom