What's new

Is it worth the effort ?

Graydog

Biblical Innards
So is it worth spending time and Money trying to find the elusive "Hybrid Tech " from Gillette
or is it just ok ? I have a few RFB OCs that I just Love , I am assuming that the shave is very similar to one of those Beauties.
What say You B&B'ers ?
d5dc4acc-6830-40cb-a1c9-d6d040e423aa-png.924436

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
So is it worth spending time and Money trying to find the elusive "Hybrid Tech " from Gillette
or is it just ok ? I have a few RFB OCs that I just Love , I am assuming that the shave is very similar to one of those Beauties.
What say You B&B'ers ?
d5dc4acc-6830-40cb-a1c9-d6d040e423aa-png.924436
Not sure, but I sent you a PM, Dog!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I was lucky enough to find one in an antique store in Victoria, BC while on vacation
Not as good as the pictured but a full set. It was inexpensive too :)

It did not take me many efforts... but again I am a lucky bastard. :001_tt2:

R

romsitsa

Depends only on how badly you need it. It's just a razor.

Adam

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Absolutely, it’s worth it! (There’s one for sale in the BST.)

To me, it’s a unique shaver, and not identical to the RFBs. I’ve been using my Hybrid Tech alot lately and have really come to appreciate it’s qualities.

Absolutely, it’s worth it! (There’s one for sale in the BST.)

To me, it’s a unique shaver, and not identical to the RFBs. I’ve been using my Hybrid Tech alot lately and have really come to appreciate it’s qualities.

+1 worth it. I have come to absolutely treasure mine. Just something about that build quality and shine coupled still with a very Tech modesty and simplicity. It’s like using the highest quality while still being a minimalist :001_tt1:. To me the shave somehow feels less than a Tech and more like an Aristocrat #16 - it shaves the best of all my razors bar none, high or low end. Smoothest of all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do I have this urge to read "Moby Dick"?

Just kidding. So you have a Grail Razor. Okay. Could be worse.

I owned one, it was very nice and I really liked the shaves! though a standard Gillette New ended up being my DE grail razor.

Is it worth the effort of going through medical school to make a lot of money being a doctor? It all just depends on how much effort you are willing to invest in the product/career. For what it's worth, the New RFB and the Tech Hybrid gave me the same results with the Tech offering less blade feel. The Tech didn't feel any smoother than the New. I prefer the feeling of the blade on my face so I let go of the Tech Hybrid and kept the New RFBs.

I read someplace the Game Changer was modeled after the RFB and they are east to find. Cheap too ;-)

If true it explains why I love my GC soo much.

Back to op: I have found that every Gillette that has a safety bar and OC version, I always tend to prefer the OC. Since I get fantastic shaves with my RFB NEW, I will pretend the same applies since the Hybrid tech is so hard to find.

They're rare, they're special, they're rhodium plated, but I didn't see enough difference in shave quality between the hybrid Tech and a #77 to justify seeking one out (or keeping it over the #77). The elegance of the head design didn't win out over the elegance of the two piece design of the #77.

And you can still find excellent #77s or #88s for a quarter or half the cost of the Tech. Having said that I did bid on the recent hybrid that went up to $250 on ebay the other day.

Set up an ebay alert to mail you when a hybrid Tech shows up. Then it's no effort at all, just a matter of cost.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Thanks Guy's , I have many a Fine Vintage Gillette Razor so it is not like I need another ,but that never stopped me before .
I have a #44 RFB set and a #77/88 Razor and really enjoy the Shaves they give
and was just curious on the shave and why so much $$$$$$$$$

Top Bottom