What's new

Is it un-manly for guys to use women facial products?

http://www.naturalskincare4men.com/
http://www.om4men.com/news.php

There are companies that make skin care products designed for men. Most of the products in the men's skincare section are just women's lotions and potions with a different scent and more alcohol and fillers to make the product cheaper because most guys don't want to spend the money on healthier skin, they want to buy more razors/cars/brushes/scotch. You may be better off using women's products.

There are a few brands like OM4 that are actually designed specifically for use on our manly thicker skin. It's expensive but it lasts a really long time. I would try just the serum first, i think its the BIOACTIVATE one it's like 45 bucks but it lasts almost a year so it's like 5 bucks a month.

The only thing I didn't like about their brand was that they have a shaving oil, they call it an "emulsion", it doesn't lather. I personally love lather. I use it as a pre-shave and brush lather over it. If you like the "Shave Secret" you will love this stuff, it smells like Proraso and doesn't clog the razor.

They have very knowledgeable, friendly customer service in America who can help explain things better and a good return policy if you don't like it.

"In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion."

Does that sound un-manly?

Patrick Bateman's not a man, Patrick Bateman's a thing. :biggrin1:

What's unmanly is being a slave to needing consumer product labeling to confirm and reinforce your gender identity. That just reeks of insecurity.

Absolutely unmanly, but not irreparable. After exfoliating, then moisturizing and then using a gentle anti-aging cream to seal in the moisture, go out and kill your breakfast and eat it raw. You might not be very manly, but who's going to say anything?

The only thing that could be unmanly is the scent. That and overreacting if someone asks. Overreacting about the state of your manliness isn't manly, man.

Lordy. I laughed out loud reading this thread. Masculinity is not defined by what skin care products you use. There's nothing manly about being ugly when you needn't be.

This reminds me of a pick up truck commercial where they try and throw every idiotic masculine cliche at you all at once.

Please, use whatever skincare products you want.

Manly men wash their faces with diesel gasoline and exfoliate by sticking their head in the garbage disposal. Arrrrrgh! WHO WANTS TO ARM WRESTLE IN A LAVA PIT!?!?!

Lordy. I laughed out loud reading this thread. Masculinity is not defined by what skin care products you use. There's nothing manly about being ugly when you needn't be.

This reminds me of a pick up truck commercial where they try and throw every idiotic masculine cliche at you all at once.

Please, use whatever skincare products you want.

I agree. Thanks!

I am going to grab some of this for now:
http://www.essentialdepot.com/servlet/the-269/Organic-Shea-Butter--dsh-/Detail

The products don't have a gender. I had a laugh when I first saw "men's" body wash. Just buy something that doesn't leave a scent and it doesn't matter.

Use whatever works for you and don't worry what anyone else thinks. I've been using women's deodorant for years because I can't find an unscented men's one.

If it works, use it. Especially if your SO likes the results. I'd rather have 100 "manly" men laugh at me than my wife being turned off by me not taking care of myself.

Wow, there's a cure for ugliness in a bottle? Well I better step up cause I got a head like a dropped pie!

I use the St. Ives Apricot facial scrub daily, and even occasionally smear a bit of Oil of Olay on my crows feet and under my eyes.

It makes me feel pretty.

Unmanly, I don't know, but I recently grew a third testicle.

Top Bottom