What's new

Is it time for a scuttle forum?

I have been participating in several forums and they have all been helpful. And while we have forums for brushes, soaps, etc., there is no forum for scuttles! Here's one that I got from a potter on Etsy. It's a good size, keeps the lather warm and works well. And the large lip allows me to dip the tip of the brush to add a bit more water. I have seen others add water to the lather this way.

PXL_20210304_153655820.jpg

A separate forum? In my opinion, no. Scuttle posts show up here and there, a little conversation develops, and then the thread peters out. Same thing with mugs and bowls. Looks like a nice scuttle. Mine (an SWK) has been put to good use for YEARS, so much so that its become a normal part of the routine, almost like the sink or bathroom mirror!

A separate forum might get you into a collecting state of mind... soon, you'd need a scuttle for every day of the week. You wouldn't want that, would you?:ohmy:

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I will go out on a limb and say a Scuttle Forum probably will not happen. It takes a lot of traffic to warrant a forum of its own and right now there just is not enough.

It's okay if their is no section on scuttles. Like brushes, they can be art - depending on who makes them. And if you don't lather out of a can, you need a bowl or scuttle. There is technique to using them and good ones are hard to find. Given the amount of play that the brush and soaps sections get, I believe this would be an active section. Worth a try anyway - or not.

Top Bottom