What's new

Is it possible to Not have a favorite blade?

Yup. I bet most guys couldn't tell much if any difference in blind tests but I've gotten pushback on that. Meh.

My facial hair is average or a tiny bit lighter. As such, I can use any blade. I also can't really tell much real difference between the various DE blades.

One testing review revealed that Feathers were about 40% sharper. The rest, were all about the same. That is in line with my conclusions.

Where I do see differences, it is in blade feel. Blade feel in itself is not a bad thing and understandable with a thin, sharp piece of metal "gliding" across my skin.

In fact, I discovered that I can get a closer shave with more control using the R41 head over the R89 style head. This is due to a more precise blade feel.

But the difference I can tell after a shave is how smooth the shave itself was and how close and smooth my skin feels after the shave.

Again, most every blade gives me a smooth shave. With some, there is less of a blade feel and more of a smooth feel during the shave.

I have had many blades out, for the past couple of months, trying to further compare their shaves, which are very close to one another.

The one main difference I am finding is how long a particular blade can maintain the smooth shave. I have a few blades out with 8-shaves on them. A few, I have put back in their wrappers because the shave was no longer smooth. I still have several more blades to go through.

My objective at this stage is to move all the open blades through to eight shaves or put aside.

I just put in a new Shark Platinum for tomorrow AM. I will shave with it for a day or two and then pick a blade with 7-shaves on it for comparison of both blades.

Last edited:
Reactions: CCS
Top Bottom