What's new

Is it possible to delete my account?

Hello Everyone, I was looking around in the setting and did not see a way to delete your account. Is it possible to completely delete my account from the user side? If not is it possible to delete an account from the admin side? Any information you have would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Jason

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Hello Everyone, I was looking around in the setting and did not see a way to delete your account. Is it possible to completely delete my account from the user side? If not is it possible to delete an account from the admin side? Any information you have would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Jason
What is it that you wish to delete?
What goal do you wish to accomplish?

What is it that you wish to delete?
What goal do you wish to accomplish?
Just delete account remove user id and login credentials I can simply delete my password user id from my files and I am fine with doing so but to avoid dead accounts in your system I thought it would be nice to have it deleted.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Perhaps it has to do with removing Personally Identifiable Information under the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).

I frequent another forum (also running XenForo) that receives GDPR-related account deletion requests. They regularly delete users' accounts (including any PII) while maintaining their posts. Examples: Search query: delete account
Yes. Thanks. Perhaps it is.
Or perhaps it isn't.
Or perhaps it's something else entirely, completely unrelated to the request.

Often we get requests from folks, and do what they asked for only to get notification from them via the Contact Us button asking why we did what they asked, when they didn't want what they asked for. They wanted something else.

So... Best we get the information on what specifically the individual hopes to accomplish with a request to ensure it is actually what they want to do, and not assume that anyone else knows what it is they want, or even that the individual has clearly expressed what it is they want.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Okay so you need to argue why you what to delete your account???
Nope. Deleting an account is quite easy.
But I'd rather make sure the individual JUST wants his account removed so he can't access it, or if it is something else he needs.
Many of our members do not have English as their primary language.
Shouldn't we be clear on the desired goal before we say goodbye?

I

itsmeifti

@luvmysuper Hi!
I'd also like to have my account and any associated details closed and deleted. ( as above - clearing out and cleaning up a digital footprint etc.)
Many thanks for your help!

The wife might have been suspicious after thousands of dollars spent of shaving supplies and he is trying to delete all possible evidence

PS: don’t forget the posts on the unboxing thread

Top Bottom