What's new

Is It Only A Man Thing?

An old Filipino friend of mine told me it was reasonably common for Filipinos (not Filipinas) to shave with a disposable blade SR about 40 or 50 years ago, particularly with poorer Filipinos, as it was the cheapest form of shaving.

As for my girlfriends, they are fascinated to watch me shave but are scared to even touch a SR.
If I were you, I would lock up the straights when one of your girl friends is visiting-just to be safe.....

Have you ever heard of Lorena Bobbitt?

Also, considering your situation, I would strongly advise against adding a girlfriend with Italian heritage!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
If I were you, I would lock up the straights when one of your girl friends is visiting-just to be safe.....

Have you ever heard of Lorena Bobbitt?

Also, considering your situation, I would strongly advise against adding a girlfriend with Italian heritage!
Amen.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Dated one Italian lady. Passionate is an understatement. No middle ground with her. Hot or Cold! She had beautiful red hair though, wavy and waist length.

Thanks for reminding me! She deserves at least a mention in my eventual book!

Dated one Italian lady. Passionate is an understatement. No middle ground with her. Hot or Cold! She had beautiful red hair though, wavy and waist length.

Thanks for reminding me! She deserves at least a mention in my eventual book!
Life is never boring with an Italian woman. Also, you never have to do the mind reading thing, she always lets you know what she thinks....

and hey, what is a few stitches anyway!

I know the topic has shifted slightly. But in the vein of the original post; SWMBO uses a GEM Featherweight for legs and such, and a Feather SS (non-folding) for "dermaplaning" her face. The daughter (late teens) is still stuck on carts. Can't get either of them to try brushes or soaps.

We've had a few women pop by in the other sections; I don't remember any in SR's. Similarly we don't have too many men manscaping with straights on a regular basis. I think the bits involved tend to make one shy away from an option so capable of "lopping off". Also straights lend themselves a lot less to the concavities of say, an armpit, than the convexities of a jawline.

Legion also touched on sharpening... I've worked with many women in the kitchen... can't recall a single one who sharpened their own knives... whereas maybe 1/2-1/4 male chef/cooks I know do. "Boys and their Toys" sort of thing, maybe?

Top Bottom