What's new

Is Fine Accoutrements American Blend similar to Floid Suave or Vigoroso?

I hate barbershop scent when I was a newbie,
but this timeless scent grows over time, now I love it.
Floid Suave and Vigoroso are my two favorite AS,
I use the former (latter) one in cold (hot) seasons.
I love the feeling of these two AS on my skin, barbershop scent, and its menthol kick of course.
(I am a menthol-muster in AS.)
From some reviews here,
Fine Accoutrements American Blend=Barbershop scent+menthol kick.
Is Fine AB similar to Floid Suave or Vigoroso?
Your opinions are highly appreciated.

They are not similar in my opinion.
Fine scent is more American traditional barbershop.
Floid is the superior product, with better skin conditioning properties

Very thanks for AJ's opinions.
Any other barbershop scents AS suggestions are welcome.
Some menthol-kick is preferred, but not a must.
Thank you all.

I have 8 or 9 scents that are considered "barbershop". None of them smell anything alike. I have both AB and Vigoroso. They both feel great on the face, but in my opinion, AB smells far better than Vigoroso. AB is in my top 2 favorites. Vigoroso is what I consider 'Old Man Barbershop'. I'm not saying I don't like it, but that's just my take on it. I would highly recommend at least getting a sample of AB.

If you like sweet and talc powder type barbershop, you would like Stirling's Barbershop. I personally don't care for that.

Another one of my all time favorites is Chiseled Face - Ghost Town Barber. The CF products are amazing on the face. GTB is very difficult to describe, but it doesn't really strike me as a barber shop scent. But the name has barber in it, so it must be! :)

I like both but they are different (you really should try them).

Other barbershop scents you should try are Pinaud clubman (more powdery) and Speick (more earthy). :thumbup1:

This^^ I like both products. Other favorite after shaves are Speick, Myrsol, & Pitralon. Got a compliment on how I smelled the other day wearing PAA Prickly Pear ATG (described as a mentholated Western Barber scent)..

Myrsol F./Extra, similar to your 2 favorite Floids but with better skin soothing properties and a more polished scent

They are not similar. While the Floids have a very sweet, powdery scent, Fine American Blend simply smells like Barbasol shaving cream (which I love). All 3 are excellent products and worthy of a try. I currently own and use Floid Vigoroso and Fine American Blend.

I've tried both, but prefer the AB. I find Floid to be a little sweeter. Also it doesn't last as long. That said, both are decent products.

Top Bottom