What's new

Is Chubby 2 & M7 the most iconic brush in Simpson lineup?

Well Chubby shape has been ripped off so many times I think it basically has to be the most iconic. If you want a shape that people look at and go "Simpson", probably the A.S. brushes (really similar to the M7, without the top bands).

I forget the exact story, but if memory serves it's a relatively rare handle that was named after great grandpa Simpson (Abraham?).

A similar brush a decade ago (before the AS3 was really discussed) would be the Keyhole. No one else did that shape.

Simpson needs to put some new Manchurian M7’s in the store so I can buy one: cobalt blue or butterscotch would be nice:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A similar brush a decade ago (before the AS3 was really discussed) would be the Keyhole. No one else did that shape.

The Key Hole was likely copied by other rivals to Simpson in the day. Kent did what is like a combination Key Hole / Beehive brush. Funny enough Paladin does both a Key Hole inspired brush and a Key Hive inspired brush.

Attachments

• Kent Keyhive.jpg
    Kent Keyhive.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 34
The Key Hole was likely copied by other rivals to Simpson in the day. Kent did what is like a combination Key Hole / Beehive brush. Funny enough Paladin does both a Key Hole inspired brush and a Key Hive inspired brush.

I had @Rudy Vey make me the opposite of the Kent with a smooth round top and ridged bottom flare.

+1, but the Tulip is also spectacular.
I just got my first Tulip 3 in super and I have officially found my favorite handle. It's perfect for me. I just don't care for the super hairs. If only they made the Tulip 3 with a 2-band whitetip.... that would be heaven for me.

Yeah, I like a brush with scrub... The only Simpson Super I've got is a custom made Eagle ripoff with the knot set super deep (Chubby 2 super (27mm) knot set @ 47mm loft)... and a few years later, I'm wishing I had set it even deeper. Every once in awhile that pillow soft of a high end three band is nice for me, but day to day I like a scrubby lower grade hair.

I just got my first Tulip 3 in super and I have officially found my favorite handle. It's perfect for me. I just don't care for the super hairs. If only they made the Tulip 3 with a 2-band whitetip.... that would be heaven for me.

Might be able to get them to make one for you, if you email them. A Tulip 3 in 2 band is going to be costly, though;) let us know what they say if you ask.

I’ve been thinking about asking for a custom M7 in faux ebony with either 2-band or Manchurian.

There would be a riot if a Tulip in Manchurian were offered

Yeah, I like a brush with scrub... The only Simpson Super I've got is a custom made Eagle ripoff with the knot set super deep (Chubby 2 super (27mm) knot set @ 47mm loft)... and a few years later, I'm wishing I had set it even deeper. Every once in awhile that pillow soft of a high end three band is nice for me, but day to day I like a scrubby lower grade hair.

I will choose Best grade about any day of the week

Might be able to get them to make one for you, if you email them. A Tulip 3 in 2 band is going to be costly, though;) let us know what they say if you ask.

I’ve been thinking about asking for a custom M7 in faux ebony with either 2-band or Manchurian.

I’d try that

A tulip 4 in Manchurian would be one super brush.

A grail brush by many standards.

Top Bottom