What's new

Is BBS everyday healthy?

I dont shave every day but every alternate day mostly.

I used to do WTG, ATG and that's it...without caring about BBS and no one was the wiser.

Ever since I discovered XTG I have been more intent about BBS....I need to snap out of it and go back to my
previous ways.

Years ago I made it my goal to get zero feedback from the alum block after my daily shave. For a while that meant settling for less than BBS. As my technique got better and I found the tools that really work for me, I realized I could get BBS every day and still get zero feedback from the alum. So I think the key to making your face happy is avoiding constant irritation. You can get a great shave without the irritation but it'll take time to develop the technique that works for you.

I actually don't get irritation or anything at all. The thing is that my face feels like my wallet to the touch. But when I shave WTG only everyday it feels better, very smooth and silky.

I actually don't get irritation or anything at all. The thing is that my face feels like my wallet to the touch. But when I shave WTG only everyday it feels better, very smooth and silky.

Same here. I've been doing a couple of WTG passes followed by clean up on corners and middle face. It just feels better.

First, depends on your skin, everyone is different. Prep, technique and number of passes are important.

I could get BBS going ATG with carts, but I paid for it the next day.

When I first started getting BBS with DE, it was with skin stretching. I couldn’t do this everyday and it began to cause irritation.

After just deciding to go for DFS with DE, I eventually found BBS without skin stretching as my technique improved. I basically get BBS daily now without irritation. Don’t strive for it, it just came.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I do two passes every shave, no more no less. Always at least 80% BBS and that is good enough. BBS happens but I don’t force it or obsess over it.

i chase it daily and get it often and as my technique has improved, i barely get irritation. i have a full heavy coarse beard and have been so unshaven for a huge part of my life that i love and dearly chase it now.

unless i am going out somewhere i want to be shaven, i tend to leave it over the weekend. This allows the skin to heal and find that Monday's shaves are always amazingly smooth and close

After just deciding to go for DFS with DE, I eventually found BBS without skin stretching as my technique improved. I basically get BBS daily now without irritation. Don’t strive for it, it just came.
I'm hoping this is the case for me with DE and straights.

It's not a question of BBS = Bad or not.

BBS is a result. If you have good technique, and if you have good hydration and conditioning practices, and if you avoid irritation, and if your face tolerates daily exfoliation, then daily shaving, whether it results in BBS or not is fine.

If it hurts, you are doing something wrong. Stop doing it that way.

I don’t think everyday BBS is healthy, my father has been doing it all his life and now at 94 he’s starting to really slowdown when he walks.

I'd rather enjoy the shave every time than get a BBS shave. My goal is to improve my technique with my various razors and blades so each shave is a pleasure. Unfortunately I am very prone to irritation and bumps so must shave carefully each time.

Top Bottom