What's new

Is anyone not happy with the Game Changer .84

Can say a single word about ej-89. But the gc qc.84, is a great razor, you will never regret purchase one. In that price range , simply nothing compare. My 2cents.

Just used mine yesterday for the first time, with a 3 use Derby extra. I got an ok shave, no irritation but not overly efficient. Certainly not as good as the Karve sb with c plate I used the day before. I'm going to use a Nacet blade today and try changing the angle.

The shave with the Nacet was exactly what was needed to get a near BBS shave. I now can say I have no complaints with the RR GC .84. Glad I purchased it. I will likely see if a Feather will improve the shave anymore.

Was lucky enough to snag barberpole .84 GC on BST. Had first shave last night. I liked everything about this razor. Smooth, close shave. Very little blade feel. Covered tabs. Comfortable, attractive handle. Nice weight and balance. And terrific price.

9B6797CB-A873-4797-ACF8-B65BEFA5B61C.jpeg

I wasn't happy with my GC .84. It was a bit too aggressive leaving me with increasing irritation with each successive shave when used daily. I traded it with someone for a GC .68 and I'm happy with that.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Was lucky enough to snag barberpole .84 GC on BST. Had first shave last night. I liked everything about this razor. Smooth, close shave. Very little blade feel. Covered tabs. Comfortable, attractive handle. Nice weight and balance. And terrific price.

View attachment 1014804
Patti ... I agree with you. It’s a fantastic razor. The only reason I parted with mine was because of the attack of the Wolfman. The WR2 1.25 is just as smooth as the Gamechanger, with greater efficiency and impressive build quality. If I didn’t have a Wolf, the GC could have easily been my daily driver. Great picture, too! Where did you get the cool brush holder?

Patti ... I agree with you. It’s a fantastic razor. The only reason I parted with mine was because of the attack of the Wolfman. The WR2 1.25 is just as smooth as the Gamechanger, with greater efficiency and impressive build quality. If I didn’t have a Wolf, the GC could have easily been my daily driver. Great picture, too! Where did you get the cool brush holder?

Ah, OK, I can now better understand the Wolfman appeal.

About brush stand (from an SOTD forum exchange earlier this beautiful morn):

456D78C8-82EB-4020-8ADE-E523E1FF5A47.jpeg

If anyone has a GC 0.68 they’re interested in offloading, I’m looking for one since they are still out of stock. In fact, I’ll just go for the baseplate if anyone wants to do that.

Same here!

Gonna be difficult to find someone who wants to part with their 68, I suspect. Not many in circulation, very little future inventory in sight, and one of the finest SS razors ever produced for those who prefer a mild yet efficient shave. Best of luck to you both getting your hands on one.

View attachment 1014804
is it me, or is the razorock barberpole handle the 'grippiest' handle? really love it. i have two now.

is it me, or is the razorock barberpole handle the 'grippiest' handle? really love it. i have two now.

It’s pretty grippy. Not Rex Ambassador grippy, but pretty grippy.

I am a fan of the full-knurl GC barberpole handle — and also find that base knob very handy. But oh man the knurling on that Rex handle does look crazy-grippy. I am hopeful Rex will offer a similar handle on the 3pc Envoy.

Gonna be difficult to find someone who wants to part with their 68, I suspect. Not many in circulation, very little future inventory in sight, and one of the finest SS razors ever produced for those who prefer a mild yet efficient shave. Best of luck to you both getting your hands on one.
There's a guy selling a .68 game changer and the original mamba as a set on the bay. Tried to talk him into selling just the game changer but he wouldn't bite.

Top Bottom