What's new

Is anyone not happy with the Game Changer .84

Was going to suggest you to see if someone would swap you for the .68 head, but I’m glad you got the hang of it now! :001_cool:

I wasn't pleased that Italian Barber eliminated the 0.68 for the 0.84 and the reason was that it made more sense to only stock up what they could sell easier, which begs the question why continue making the mamba then?

Regardless, the 84 is a decent razor but for those who prefer mild razors, the 84 steps into aggressive territory and care needs to taken when choosing the right blade.

If they offered a few different plates w the gc I would score the gc higher but just 1 plate, a long wait and somewhat uncertain options list, it doesn't inspire a lot of confidence should the 1 plate or handle not work out.

Hello everyone, I am planning to buy a set of .84. May I ask if I can also purchase a set of .68 baseplate so that I can enjoy both aggressiveness? Can it attach onto the same handle?

Thank you

You can use the same top cap for every Game Changer base plate they have made so far (0.68 Straigth Bar, 0.84 Straight Bar, 0.84 Open Comb and 0.84 JAWS) and you can use any standard threaded hanlde with it, which is pretty much amy handle as the vast majority of them are standard one's!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
The 68, 84, 84OC, and Jaws all fit with the same cap and handle. I don’t have a Jaws, but I have the other three. But I recall reading that it fits as well. So there are four baseplates now. With the success of the Game Changer I foresee Joe making more baseplates. At least I hope so. Right now I still find the 84 to be a superior shave. Jury is still out on the 84OC. Plus when I can place another order at IB, I with throw the Jaws baseplate into the cart just to try it.

Thank you guys, may I ask what are the differences between .84 and .84-P? RazoRock Game Changer .84-P Base Plate – ItalianBarber

I am currently using a de89 which I need to do quite a few passes to get it clean. To make it more efficient should I get a more aggressive razor? Eg .84 any thing will I sacrifice with more aggressive razor?
I assume .69 has similar aggressiveness with de89

Thanks a lot

I really hope that they do make more baseplates. In particular an OC version of the 68 plate.

Then what might be a neat idea would be for Italian Barber to sell a GC set option - 1 cap, 1 handle and the full set of all plate options.

Just like the Rockwell 6s only even better.

Thank you guys, may I ask what are the differences between .84 and .84-P? RazoRock Game Changer .84-P Base Plate – ItalianBarber

I am currently using a de89 which I need to do quite a few passes to get it clean. To make it more efficient should I get a more aggressive razor? Eg .84 any thing will I sacrifice with more aggressive razor?
I assume .69 has similar aggressiveness with de89

Thanks a lot

The .84-P is the straight bar version (as opposed to the OC and JAWS).

Thank you guys, may I ask what are the differences between .84 and .84-P?

There isn’t a difference. One listing is the entire razor the other is the baseplate only. Either way the baseplate is labeled with a “serial # -P”.

I believe that the original 84 was completely flat across the bottom of the base, but is now hollowed out a bit (84p). They dont sell the original anymore.

That was the .68. Originally flat for the first batch or two, then they made the hollow for subsequent batches.

I was happy with mine. It is what I considered to be the perfect razor for me, you the right combination of efficiency, aggressiveness, blade feel and smoothness. Then I got the 84 OC and I believe it’s better than the 84 SB. My top 3 DEs for me right now are 84 OC, PAA Ascension and the Rex Ambassador.

I didn't like it either. Way too mild for me and I couldn't get an efficient shave with it. I tried different blades and techniques and nothing helped. This is why the make so many different razors.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Well, I'm NOT happy with mine!
For MY face, I find it is more than efficient: it leaves me with a less than comfortable face feel.
I'm in the camp of those who prefer comfort over efficiency. Being retired and having lots of time, I never have to be in a rush, or ever NEED to have, nor do I even care about, BBS shaves.
Perhaps I'll go through several blades and find a softer shave.
Meanwhile I have a GC.68 coming in from the U.K. which should be in next week.

I've never made a 1 word post before maybe next time I'll just post a emoji lol!

Of course the GC84 is great lol!
LoL.... The Gamechanger.84 Status is well Known as THE Best Bang for the Buck Razor on the Market IMo ...not too much to complain about except I wish they offered the GC in a polished version... Here comes the Flitz lol

Top Bottom