What's new

Is anyone not happy with the Game Changer .84

I find the GC .84 to be a little more efficient than the NEW LC.

It also feels a little more aggressive, but not uncomfortably so.

I have 68 and 84. The first is good for every day, the second in a day or more. I will leave both of them, they are magnificent.

Gentlemen,

Thanks to everyone's informative posts, I've finally pulled the trigger on a GC .84-P with Barber Pole handle. It came back into stock today, so I thought I'd better buy it before it sold out again.

I also bought a RR Old Type OC with Bulldog handle. I'm thinking of using the GC and Old Type in combination, sort of like the way I use my current Slim Adjustable/Ball-End Tech combo (i.e. 2-3 passes with the Slim and a touchup pass with the Tech). We'll see how that goes.

I love my GC with the .68P & .84P plates. Both work well for my needs for every day use. The .84-P is just as smooth as the .68-P & gives a slightly closer shave. The only issue I've had with the .84-P is some neck irritation. But have only experience this issue once.

I had the 68, too mild for a tough beard, sold it. I will consider getting the 84, really like the razor, but 68 took 3-4 passes. Time waster, need more cutting.

I recently sold my GC 84. I just prefer the 84 OC a lot more. It somehow feels smoother and slightly more efficient to me and thats while feeling milder. It’s still an awesome razor though and a really good deal.

I had the 68, too mild for a tough beard, sold it. I will consider getting the 84, really like the razor, but 68 took 3-4 passes. Time waster, need more cutting.
I felt the same, the 68 was not efficient enough for me. The 84 is a significant step up imho.