What's new

Is anyone not happy with the Game Changer .84

I appreciated the recommendation and clearly identified myself as a newbie, for this reason. I was hoping to gain some practical, hands on insights and advice. For what it's worth, I had my second shave with the Astra this AM using my GC84 and it was, again, a very smooth experience. I think I could use this as a daily shaver, now, but if I'm honest I'm still a little too timid with it so I think I'll back off of it for a spell when my new Rockwell 6S arrives early next week.

Anyway, I think I'll leave it at that and begin a new thread if I believe I have anything further to contribute. It feels like I'm hijacking this thread. (Even though it has been quite helpful to me. Thank you.)

Give Voskhod blades a try in the GC. It’s a very forgiving and comfortable blade but somehow also produces great results. As you get more comfortable with the razor try out Gillette Silver Blue.

Give Voskhod blades a try in the GC. It’s a very forgiving and comfortable blade but somehow also produces great results. As you get more comfortable with the razor try out Gillette Silver Blue.

I love those blades. Have quickly become one of my favorite!

The .84 Game Changer is one of the best shavers I have owned. It just works on my face. Also is one of the best values in a Stainless Steel razor out there.

The .68 was a good razor and shaved good but the .84 takes the razor to a perfect level of comfort and efficiency. Super smooth close shaves for me.

Happy Shaves All,
Bill G

Pic .84 Game Changer with a Timeless razor Titanium handle (love the balance and looks).

IMG_3759.JPG

Last edited:
You guys are such enablers! I never should have read this thread!

Now I’ve gone and ordered the Game Changer .68 and also added the .84 base plate to my order. I couldn’t decide which one would work best for me, so I opted for both. I’m going to need to convince my wife that I haven’t gone crazy.

You guys are such enablers! I never should have read this thread!

Now I’ve gone and ordered the Game Changer .68 and also added the .84 base plate to my order. I couldn’t decide which one would work best for me, so I opted for both. I’m going to need to convince my wife that I haven’t gone crazy.

But did you get the OC though? If you order them all at once you just need to explain once to your wife.

Good point! Everything will come in one package, so I only need to tell her one story... one very convincing story.

I have both the .68 and the .84 GC plates and love them. Will eventually get the GC OC and Jaws plates as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wanted the barber pole handle, but they were showing it as sold out. So I went with the HD handle as it closely resembles the barber pole handle and only weighs just slightly more.

I have both the .68 and the .84 GC plates and love them. Will eventually get the GC OC and Jaws plates as well.

I shaved with the GC84 this morning after three-days growth and it was a very nice shave. So nice, in fact, that I was moved to order the .68 GC razor this morning. This, coming from a new DE user who was intimidated by the GC84 after my first shave. So, after two complete weeks of DE shaving I now own the Rockwell 6S, GC84 and my GC68 is on the way. Sigh... I think it is safe to say that I am hooked on this wet-shaving phenomena and, yes, a little out of control right now. I am done for a while, though.

I shaved with the GC84 this morning after three-days growth and it was a very nice shave. So nice, in fact, that I was moved to order the .68 GC razor this morning. This, coming from a new DE user who was intimidated by the GC84 after my first shave. So, after two complete weeks of DE shaving I now own the Rockwell 6S, GC84 and my GC68 is on the way. Sigh... I think it is safe to say that I am hooked on this wet-shaving phenomena and, yes, a little out of control right now. I am done for a while, though.

RAD gets us all at some point [emoji23]

RAD gets us all at some point [emoji23]

Oh yes it does! I ordered both while I was on vacation and now get to try both the .68P and 84P to see which I like best now that I am home and they have been delivered. I am afraid that I will like both and keep them both instead of selling the one I can live without. What's two more razors!

Oh yes it does! I ordered both while I was on vacation and now get to try both the .68P and 84P to see which I like best now that I am home and they have been delivered. I am afraid that I will like both and keep them both instead of selling the one I can live without. What's two more razors!

My current total is 75 sooo...

Don't forget to order the .84 OC and Jaws. Both are great in their own right. Besides, you can always sell off the ones you don't need......wink wink.

Don't forget to order the .84 OC and Jaws. Both are great in their own right. Besides, you can always sell off the ones you don't need......wink wink.
I just got the GC .84P OC plate from RR and will shave with it for the first time tomorrow as its my day off. Plus I just bought a R41 off another member.
I've told my wife I need to sell of a couple razors to pay for the ones I've bought! We'll see if that happens.....

Just bought one and used it today for the first time. It’s early but feel it may surpass my Rockwell 6s as my favorite. So smooth and so close. The only complain I have is about the posts. I feel like the posts being on the plate vs the cap makes it really difficult to load and unload the blade. Blades fit so tight on the posts, getting the blade out is tricky. I love how tight the blade sits with no alignment issues or chatter, but I feel like it comes at the cost of safety.

Top Bottom