What's new

Is any shaving cream (or soap) slicker than Palmolive?

I am surprised at the love for Maca Root. I don't find it to be that much slicker than Palmolive...if anything, I probably slightly prefer the latter.

I shall have to pay more attention the next time I use it and see if I do actually notice any additional slickness.

Is there something I’m missing or HAVE to try? Are there artisan brands that beat Palmolive for slickness and post shave feel?
In my limited experience, Musgo Real is a better cream.

Musgo Real Shaving Cream.jpg

I am surprised at the love for Maca Root. I don't find it to be that much slicker than Palmolive...if anything, I probably slightly prefer the latter.

I shall have to pay more attention the next time I use it and see if I do actually notice any additional slickness.

As far as I understand, Maca Root has been reformulated multiple times. It's my personal opinion that the The Body Shop company is one of those companies that doesn't reformulate for the better, only to cut costs. So I don't think the compliments that this cream received over the years apply anymore. I bought this cream many years ago, right after a reformulation and didn't like it, I PIFed it and never heard from it again. So, I'm guessing it had a forgettable performance for both of us.

Personally I settled with Palmolive and Ach. Brito Lavanda. For both price and performance.
Ach. Brito had an even better cream called Mogno (cream, not the soap) but for some reason is no longer in production.

Top Bottom