What's new

Is a Brown Leafer bringing this back home?

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I had to look back and see who the original owner was, he hasn't been active here in a few years so hopefully he willingly passed this pipe on to fund some other cool hobby and all is well.

I wish it were on the way to me. I don't have a Tinsky, but I've never heard a single negative comment about his pipes.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Thanks! I was going to hold off on saying that it was me and just post it when it came in, but here we are... :001_smile
Some secrets are hard to keep. I decided to keep all the details about the one I am commissioning secret until I receive it, but I had to tell one person (oh no, another secret :) ) to take off some of the edge :lol:

Darn I was perusing “Tobacco Plug cutters”last night!
When I first started my blending experiments, I looked at those old-fashioned, guillotine-style dime store tobacco plug cutters. I thought it would make a neat conversation piece, as well as being right handy. Never followed through on it, though - I just use an inexpensive kitchen knife that stays in the war chest.

I put in an early high bid that only lasted like a day. I figured someone else from here jumped in, and I didn't feel like getting into a bidding war... so I bailed. :lol:

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
When I first started my blending experiments, I looked at those old-fashioned, guillotine-style dime store tobacco plug cutters. I thought it would make a neat conversation piece, as well as being right handy. Never followed through on it, though - I just use an inexpensive kitchen knife that stays in the war chest.

After doing research it seems they were meant more for chopping rope plugs in Nickel and dime vs slicing thin wafers off plugs. Guess I’ll pass on them.
I wish it were on the way to me. I don't have a Tinsky, but I've never heard a single negative comment about his pipes.

One thing bad is they are too easy to commission from Mark, and he takes any form of payment making paying even easier. ;)

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member

Actually I’m happy I didn’t see it. Imagine getting into bidding war with one of you fine Gents!

Top Bottom