What's new

Irving barber company (IBC) shavette thoughts

Good evening everyone,
I on a whim ordered my first shavette, the ibc red shavette. My reason for getting it was i would like a good quality shavette to learn that can take different blades and wasn't in my opinion cheap or low tech like dovo shavettes. I also dislike the shavettes with the hinge loading system. Anyways id like to know the thoughts and opinions of everyone here as i always find them extremely helpful.

By hinge loading, are you referring to those which appear to be made from two pieces of stamped sheet metal, which are kept clamped together by a third piece which acts as a top cap/helmet to hold the two halves together? That style is not elegant but works well enough, though I would not recommend it for a beginner.

I have never used an Irving Barber razor. I really like that it accepts different blades but I was hesitant to purchase one out of concern that the screw on the razor face might collect too much lather and make post-shave cleanup more involved. And also because I have more than enough shavettes. But I think it is a nice choice.

By hinge loading, are you referring to those which appear to be made from two pieces of stamped sheet metal, which are kept clamped together by a third piece which acts as a top cap/helmet to hold the two halves together? That style is not elegant but works well enough, though I would not recommend it for a beginner.

I have never used an Irving Barber razor. I really like that it accepts different blades but I was hesitant to purchase one out of concern that the screw on the razor face might collect too much lather and make post-shave cleanup more involved. And also because I have more than enough shavettes. But I think it is a nice choice.
Yes i iam the one you use your nail to seperate the plates whick the blade sits on, slide the other part on top and then push the hinge hatch i guess to secure both sides not a fan lol. Well i did some research and the screw doesnt touch your face and all it needs is a rinse i seen a couple people use it and it looks like a good quality shavette. I did hear about the hess eszy shave one but it's out production and not available.

Top Bottom