What's new

Irritation

B

Barney14

I have been getting irritation on both cheeks (face :001_smile) a red sore rash.

I have just started using a Gillette pre war Canadian Tech, previously I had been using a Star 100 without any problems.
Nothing else has changed.
Is the Canadian Tech to blame?.
Any thoughts?

It's possible the Tech is to blame. Try a different blade in the Tech if you have a variety of blades. Sometimes blades that work well in one razor don't work well in another.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Just finished shave number 14 on a GSB in a tech on 3 days growth of silver wire hair on my handsome face. I don't think it's possible to get irritation from a tech, lol.

B

Barney14

Just finished shave number 14 on a GSB in a tech on 3 days growth of silver wire hair on my handsome face. I don't think it's possible to get irritation from a tech, lol.

Nor did i but i got it..... too much pressure i think.

My guess is that this is technical, either:
#1. Incorrect angle (as suggested by others), or
#2. Too much pressure (easy to do when you change razors).

Techs provide good shaves for me, but there are so many variables. I would stick with it for a bit as you may be rewarded for the effort!! :a14::a14:

B

Barney14

My guess is that this is technical, either:
#1. Incorrect angle (as suggested by others), or
#2. Too much pressure (easy to do when you change razors).

Techs provide good shaves for me, but there are so many variables. I would stick with it for a bit as you may be rewarded for the effort!! :a14::a14:

I will stay with the Tech, will keep an eye on angle as well as pressure.

B

Barney14

You will fall in love with the tech.

I have had Techs before and loved them, went to a Star 100 great razor, now back with a Tech.
The Star was heavier 62grm i think and i might be applying too much pressure with the Tech.

Would using the heavier Star handle with the Tech head be a good idea?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
You could try the handle if it screws together. I am like the others, I think maybe too much pressure. I still do it from time to time when I change razors.

B

Barney14

I used the Canadian pre war Tech with its original handle and a new Voshkod blade.

I made sure not to apply any pressure, the result, a clean comfortable shave, no irritation at all.

I think i must have been applying pressure after been used to the heavier Star razor.

A happy chappy again, just goes to show how important technique is.

M

member 119848

Same here, I'm pretty sure it's due to pressure.
And we assume, that you're not exceeding 3 passes. :001_smile

B

Barney14

Same here, I'm pretty sure it's due to pressure.
And we assume, that you're not exceeding 3 passes. :001_smile

Only 3 passes, really pleased with the shave from the Canadian Tech, nicest razor i have owned.

Top Bottom