What's new

Irish Spring Body Wash

So I'm showering at the gym today and noticed a familiar smell that overpowered everything in the shower stall. Next to me the guy had a bottle of Irish Spring Body Wash. It smelled nice and was stronger than any soap I have ever smelled. I think I may have to give this one a shot. Anyone else?

Irish Spring soap is what I've bought regularly for a long time now. Never tried the body wash though. I'll open a bottle and give a sniff next time I'm in the grocery store.

I've used the Irish Spring Aloe Body Wash and liked it a lot - I like the smell more than the new Dove Men's Care body wash.

No offense, but I'll skip the bottle full of chemicals.

Ever since I started using soaps without SLS and oil crap in it, my skin has cleared up and has never looked healthier.

No offense, but I'll skip the bottle full of chemicals.

Ever since I started using soaps without SLS and oil crap in it, my skin has cleared up and has never looked healthier.

To be fair, Dr. Bronner's has a bit of the "oil crap" in it, unless you were suggesting something else.

What other soaps do you use?

Irish Spring body wash is indeed strong, as are most body washes. If you like the scent of Irish Spring you're probably better off using the bar soap. I tried the body wash when it first came out and I thought it had a much different scent (kind of generic and plastic-like), and I've never used it again. I think most bar soap fragrances are far superior to their body wash counterparts.

I've used the original scent Body Wash, and I enjoyed it moderately. The smell is great, just like the bar. I also use the Old Spice Swagger Body Wash, and I really like it. I prefer bars, currently going through some Yardleys, which I really love. The convenience of the body washes are good when I have less time. I say go for it and see you you like it. As with most thing YMMV. Cheer!

The new Irish Spring Revitalize Body Wash is nice! They added menthol or eucalyptus to give you a nice cooling/tingly feeling.

Irish Spring body wash is indeed strong, as are most body washes. If you like the scent of Irish Spring you're probably better off using the bar soap. I tried the body wash when it first came out and I thought it had a much different scent (kind of generic and plastic-like), and I've never used it again. I think most bar soap fragrances are far superior to their body wash counterparts.

I've noticed the exact same thing.

Regarding the IS BW, I like it, but I am currently hooked on Nivea For MEn Active 3 :001_tt1::001_tt1::001_tt1:

I've only used the bar and haven't tried the bodywash. I found the bars to be very drying. I'd itch like crazy after a shower. Now I use either Goats Milk Bodywash, Old Spice (Red Zone) or even Dove for Men. No more itchyness!

Didn't care much for the irish springs soaps......I had a reaction
proxy.php

If you just want to give it a shot to see what it's like, I've seen trial sizes of the IS body wash at Wal-Mart. They'd make an ideal travel soap if you're looking for one, I think.

I have a bottle, and though I like the scent quite a bit, it's a bit too strong for me, not to mention the fact that it leaves this sort of musky, irish spring-esque scent on your skin for hours after...and not in a good way. I'd say go for the travel size and see how you like it before picking up a big bottle of the stuff.

I just bought a pair of bottles at Sam's Club due to price and my cheap nature this past week. I like it. I'm just concerned about how it interacts with and maybe overpowers any aftershave I would use, or hair tonic. Oh well....guess I shall be the odoriferous melange of the office!

Be careful with the Irish Spring Revitalize body wash. It gives quite a tingling sensation that will REALLY wake you up in the morning! :)

I love Irish Spring. Always have. I prefer body washes as bar soaps dry me out. I've been using the new Irish Spring Legendary Classic scent. The bottle has a brown cap. This stuff smells awesome! It's very slick and leaves my skin feeling really good. I think I can finally stop searching for a body wash (I've tried almost all of them). The scent of IS has got to be one of my all time favorites. In fact I'd love to know what shave soaps/creams/aftershaves smell similar?

Last edited:
Bought a 3 pack of it at Sam's club awhile back. It's a familiar smell everyone knows, but it's just pretty much your typical everyday body wash. I prefer Dove's mens body wash, smells good and gets you clean.

Top Bottom