What's new

Irish goodbye, ghosting, French leave, etc

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
So many companies have pushed for at-will laws, meaning you can be fired at any time, for no reason, and no compensation, then the same companies should be surprised when employees quit at-will. Don’t expect loyalty when you exhibit none.
Amen. Manners go both ways.

Office parties I ghost. If it's someone I know, prior to leaving I find the host/hostess and thank them for having me and tell them what a delightful time I've had.

FarmerTan

Office parties I ghost. If it's someone I know, prior to leaving I find the host/hostess and thank them for having me and tell them what a delightful time I've had.
So you don't have to lie, you must sometimes force yourself to have a delightful time.

FarmerTan

I generally can have a good time just about anywhere. Happiness is an inside job
My Irish dad used to tell me it cost just as much to have a good attitude as it did to have a bad one. He always said that when I got made about something. Miss that man's wisdom.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I’m notorious for this. Well, used to be, ...when I hung out with friends and went out. The parties I used to go to were big. I’m not going to run around the house looking for friends to say bye to. I just leave. Plus goodbyes are always awkward. My friends would always say “you better not leave without saying bye!”. Well, I do anyway. One time my friend calls me “where are you!?”. ..”I’m at home, why?”. “OMG! We are at the bar looking for you! We havent’ left because we couldn’t find you”....”sorry? You can leave now”.

FarmerTan

I’m notorious for this. Well, used to be, ...when I hung out with friends and went out. The parties I used to go to were big. I’m not going to run around the house looking for friends to say bye to. I just leave. Plus goodbyes are always awkward. My friends would always say “you better not leave without saying bye!”. Well, I do anyway. One time my friend calls me “where are you!?”. ..”I’m at home, why?”. “OMG! We are at the bar looking for you! We havent’ left because we couldn’t find you”....”sorry? You can leave now”.
Gave them something to do.

Top Bottom