What's new

Irisch Moos vs Tabac

I know that both are made by the same company and many here have said that Irisch Moos is Tabac with a different scent. I have had Tabac for about a while in my rotation. The scent like many have said did grow on me. I get a great lather but it always seems to dry up between passes. I never have this problem with AOS's Lavender or Sandalwood. I picked up a stick of Irisch Moos from the B&B group buy. I find it to lather much better and does not dry out. This morning I had a great shave with my fatboy derby and Irisch Moos. Just for the record I used Kyle's prep with the Irisch Moos as well.

My vote edge to: Irisch Moos

Last edited:
Not to sound rude, but there was a thread about this a while back.

My vote is Tabac. I could not get a lather out of the Irisch Moos.

Not to sound rude, but there was a thread about this a while back.

My vote is Tabac. I could not get a lather out of the Irisch Moos.

What I cant believe that no lather!!, you only have the cream not the soap though right? There is a big difference between the two.

I vote Moos over tabac!!!

What I cant believe that no lather!!, you only have the cream not the soap though right? There is a big difference between the two.

I vote Moos over tabac!!!

I have the cream and soap for the Irisch Moos. The cream lathered very well but my face reacted to it.

I tried the Irisch Moos after shave this morning, and soon thereafter washed it off. I won't bother purchasing any IM products on account of the stench^H^H^H^H^H^Hscent. :rolleyes:

I have both the creams and tried the IM last night while I have yet to try the Tabac. Just in the tub, the Tabac scent puts me off, but the Moos, once lathered, had a wonderful wet earthy scent like the mist rising off a bed of ferns on a humid July morning. The Tabac will have to be pretty wonderful to top that.

Top Bottom