What's new

Irisch Moos stick

I got a brand new stick of Irisch Moos with my last BST purchase (on a different forum). I got it as a surprise, out of the generosity of the sender.

I'm pretty sure this is not my soap (lets leave it at that), so I would like to give it away to someone who would appreciate it.
Normally I never give a present away, even if I don't like it or won't use it. But I would not like to see this one go to waste, and I'm sure there are guys out there who would be more than happy to use it. I would not take any money for it.
The only problem is shipping. Since I live in northern Europe, shipping even in the EU would be rather expensive. Heck, even to the neighboring countries it would be 20€ (international postal package under 10kg). Shipping to US would cost around 50eur. I'm not really a fan of overpaying shipping for 3x the value of the product. That would be irresponsible.

I was thinking of open a PIF (sort of, for the local region, not sure how many of us are there) or putting it on BST for the shipping costs only. Any suggestions?

Very generous of you. It's a great soap. Right up there with Tabac. But the scent can be overwhelming and not for everyone.

I got a brand new stick of Irisch Moos with my last BST purchase (on a different forum). I got it as a surprise, out of the generosity of the sender.

I'm pretty sure this is not my soap (lets leave it at that), so I would like to give it away to someone who would appreciate it.
Normally I never give a present away, even if I don't like it or won't use it. But I would not like to see this one go to waste, and I'm sure there are guys out there who would be more than happy to use it. I would not take any money for it.
The only problem is shipping. Since I live in northern Europe, shipping even in the EU would be rather expensive. Heck, even to the neighboring countries it would be 20€ (international postal package under 10kg). Shipping to US would cost around 50eur. I'm not really a fan of overpaying shipping for 3x the value of the product. That would be irresponsible.

I was thinking of open a PIF (sort of, for the local region, not sure how many of us are there) or putting it on BST for the shipping costs only. Any suggestions?
Definitely a PIF material, would be very generous and rare item to give.

Just ask for interested person, give it a few days and choose via random number selector.

People would definitely love to be able to try it, as long as it is still in good condition.

You can limit the postage area to your geographical immediate area or if someone is really interested in getting it then just take the shipping costs if other person agrees to it.

here it is
IMG_20210920_143048.jpgIMG_20210920_143104.jpg

Very generous. And good luck, but I will say just in case you decide to sell rather than PIF. That stick appears lightly used, not brand new. My Moos sticks all had very sharp edges around the top when new. Rounded edge suggests it got a use or two.

You could easily do a PIF in your country and w/ shipping to other countries (I think... double check the rules on that). Warn people costs may be high and that provide a link to the shipper you use for estimates.

Very generous. And good luck, but I will say just in case you decide to sell rather than PIF. That stick appears lightly used, not brand new. My Moos sticks all had very sharp edges around the top when new. Rounded edge suggests it got a use or two.

You could easily do a PIF in your country and w/ shipping to other countries (I think... double check the rules on that). Warn people costs may be high and that provide a link to the shipper you use for estimates.

I was under the impression that it is new. Here is a better photo (maybe). Can you tell from this if it was used?
IMG_20210920_164242.jpg

I suspect you might be surprised at the interest you would get in a PIF for that stick - it is a rare item.
Absolutely true!...... you can tell the original owner used it once, didn't like the scent, and shelved it. It's a rare stick, don't pay postage, try to find someone near you for a coffee house meet up and make them happy.

Generous indeed! I’m not interested in any PIF (USA) but good luck! With Tabac changing its formula I’ve found my thoughts keep drifting to good ol Irisch Moos.

Btw: I loved its classic manly smell and am surprised to hear others were overwhelmed by it. For those who miss its scent I believe Castle Forbes 1445 to be a really good substitute. Granted, it’s been years since I’ve smelled the Moos, but every time I use the CF I am reminded of it. Also, Knize Forest.

Top Bottom