What's new

Ireland and Italy tours

Hello all, seeking recommendations for tours of Ireland and Italy. Now that the pandemic has settled down attention once again turns toward travel. Any recommendation or caution for tours you have actually been on?

Other general advice?

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Never took any tour through Ireland. Always self-organized. Mostly fishing trips, but have been traveling around the country a few times just for sightseeing. I think the one advantage of being on your own, one can stay longer in certain places, and rush through others. I always rented a car; they used to be very cheap, but in these days after corona, I have no clue how much they are now. The benefit of being on a tour is that you really have nothing to organize yourself, but being depending on the tour organizers and you have to deal with the fellow tourists. A friend of mine did the tour once, but said they going back on their own as the schedule was quite tight and they could not spend enough time at certain spots like they would have liked to.

Rental car prices in Ireland are currently ridiculous, and that's before filling the tank. Petrol is (as per 20 minutes ago) €1.859 per litre.

Not sure about tours in Ireland as I tend to either drive to my destination or use public transport if I'm not transporting a load of gear.

Where in Italy are you going? As I have only been to Italy for short city breaks, I can't recommend tours as such. Again, I tend to use public transport and walk when I find something interesting.

With the EUR/USD exchange, now is a good time to visit the Eurozone if spending USD. Hope you have a great trip.

Reactions: ctr
Top Bottom