What's new

iPhone 5 thread?

Legion

Staff member
Yes, it's smaller, but I hear they make an adapter for all of your old accessories.

Oh, OK. It's a shame they did that though. One of the things I liked about the iStuff was it all used the same cable. If your batteries went flat there would always be someone in the office, or wherever, who had a charger. And I only needed one cord hanging out of my computer for three devices.

Here is a pic of the new cable it's a lot smaller than the old one

proxy.php

I have been bitching about it being different all day because you can't get extra cables yet, but its actually a lot better than the old 30 pin connectors

another pic with the old connector

proxy.php

Last edited:
Agreed. Since I updated my iPhone 4 to iOS6, it has run terrible. I would take a 3G with iOS4 or 5 right now and eBay the 4.
I'll trade ya!

Try backing up your phone to iTunes, so everything is saved. And then do a reset of the iPhone. Basically resetting it to a clean slate (google directions on how do do it), then restore the data from iTunes back to the phone and shut off all the push notifications, etc as previously noted.

My 3GS has shown improved performance. I'm surprised your 4 isn't running even better?

Apple maps let me down today.

I put in an address, it guided me there, it let me know I had arrived.

Except I hadn't

I quickly fired up Google Maps "app", and it told me to continue on for another mile or so. And so it was.

Apple maps has a LONG way to go!

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Apple maps let me down today.

I put in an address, it guided me there, it let me know I had arrived.

Except I hadn't

I quickly fired up Google Maps "app", and it told me to continue on for another mile or so. And so it was.

Apple maps has a LONG way to go!

Yeah but the CEO apologized.

TomTom is your friend. It even tells you what lane to be in.

Legion

Staff member
Yeah but the CEO apologized.

TomTom is your friend. It even tells you what lane to be in.

But the Tom Tom App costs lots and lots of money. (at least here)

My phone has started to bug my with the prompting that the new OS is available. I don't want it. When my trusted maps app is available for me to download and use I will think about switching. Until then, if it aint broke...

But the Tom Tom App costs lots and lots of money. (at least here)

My phone has started to bug my with the prompting that the new OS is available. I don't want it. When my trusted maps app is available for me to download and use I will think about switching. Until then, if it aint broke...

You can get a (pseudo) Google map app for ios 6 on your 3GS.

You go to google maps using your browser, and it will prompt you to add a button for it to your homepage.

Easy as can be, functions pretty much like Google maps always has.

Hopefully it will be all sorted out by December, when I a ready to upgrade. It has made me put off my iPad purchase though.

I'll trade ya!

Try backing up your phone to iTunes, so everything is saved. And then do a reset of the iPhone. Basically resetting it to a clean slate (google directions on how do do it), then restore the data from iTunes back to the phone and shut off all the push notifications, etc as previously noted.

My 3GS has shown improved performance. I'm surprised your 4 isn't running even better?

I tried that a week ago because some Mac forum thread explained you can do that and you can go back to the older iOS but that didnt work. The bugs will be worked out eventually I assume.

Top Bottom