What's new

iPhone 5 thread?

Guys, this is nuts. Don't buy an iPhone. The new Windows Mobile will be out ANY DAY NOW!!

But seriously folks, tip your waiters and waitresses, they work real hard for you.

Just heard last night that I will be getting an iPhone 5 once the frenzy subsides. After two years in the android wilderness with a Samsung Fascinate ( it didn't even amuse, much less fascinate), I am pleased. My company makes software for digital video and IOS is the default leading platform for mobile. Will be nice to actually see the output of my own company's product.

I will sit tight on the iPhone 5 for now, but installed iOS 6 on my 3GS and iPad yesterday. It is noticeably faster than iOS 5 was, and Safari is significantly faster, particularly on my 3GS.

They're here. Sadly I can't activate them now or my wife's current 3Gs will lose it's ability to make calls. She's at work and wouldn't see the humor in it. It'll have to wait until tomorrow. :angry:

I will sit tight on the iPhone 5 for now, but installed iOS 6 on my 3GS and iPad yesterday. It is noticeably faster than iOS 5 was, and Safari is significantly faster, particularly on my 3GS.

I am shocked at how nice the new OS is on the 3GS.

Only thing I really want more out of it is a better camera.

Gah! It went up to four hours to download and I bailed on it. I'll try again later, maybe at four in the morning.

I'm a bit worried about losing google maps as well. I use that all the time.

Oh, and Australians don't really drink Fosters. We export it all as a joke.

Fosters lost me when they switched to thin aluminum for their oil cans.

Sticking with my 4s for now, but there were about 30 people outside the Verizon store by my house this morning at quarter till 8am

Best day ever.....new iPhone and new brush from Rudy Vey with a Shavemac D01-2band knot

proxy.php

Booting up

proxy.php

Nothing goes unnoticed here at B&B...
No kidding. I didn't even notice it in the pic. What is not awesome is that you cannot activate the phone online and you also cannot activate it calling from your old phone or the new one.......bit of a dilemma when you do not have a home phone :cursing:

My wife and I are both very happy with our 3GS phones. They seem to do everything well that we ask of them. We did buy shares in Apple just over two years ago, so I have no problem at all with the rest of you rushing out to purchase their new products. :)

My wife and I are both very happy with our 3GS phones. They seem to do everything well that we ask of them. We did buy shares in Apple just over two years ago, so I have no problem at all with the rest of you rushing out to purchase their new products. :)
I too own shares in Apple, so I don't mind supporting the home team. The construction of this phone is insane. It is impossibly thin and light. Almost feels fragile. Should make having a decent case on it not such a burden. It will probably still be thinner and lighter than my old HTC Evo with a case.

No kidding. I didn't even notice it in the pic. What is not awesome is that you cannot activate the phone online and you also cannot activate it calling from your old phone or the new one.......bit of a dilemma when you do not have a home phone :cursing:

Congratulations on the iPhone 5. I didn't get my preorder in quickly enough so I have another 1 week to go. So how do you activate it then? I thought you just powered it up and your selected carrier would take care of the rest ...

Congratulations on the iPhone 5. I didn't get my preorder in quickly enough so I have another 1 week to go. So how do you activate it then? I thought you just powered it up and your selected carrier would take care of the rest ...
It is replacing another phone with the same carrier (Sprint). It isn't an issue with the phone, it is Sprint. When I go online to activate it, it makes me change my plan, which it shouldn't. So I called to see what the deal was, customer service lady said they have to do it over the phone, but you need both phones free to do it. Not a big deal, SWMBO will be home shortly.

It is replacing another phone with the same carrier (Sprint). It isn't an issue with the phone, it is Sprint. When I go online to activate it, it makes me change my plan, which it shouldn't. So I called to see what the deal was, customer service lady said they have to do it over the phone, but you need both phones free to do it. Not a big deal, SWMBO will be home shortly.

Ahh ... the trials and tribulations of customer service personnel ... :glare:

Top Bottom