What's new

iPhone 12

On a bit of a side note, I just started watching NEXT on Fox. Very interesting premise that doesn’t look far fetched to me. A variant on the whole Skynet/Terminator storyline.

I won't be buying....but are these things not often best left a little after launch? My friend has had to return the past 4 iphones bought at launch. Apple are good for returning stuff but with any new tech I'd prefer to see it in the wild for a while first.

I just don't get the attraction of these phones. The only reason that I have an iPhone is because it was a hand-me-down from my wife who used to get a new one every other year for work. I think that the one I have is a 6s. It's more than adequate for me.

I just don't get the attraction of these phones. The only reason that I have an iPhone is because it was a hand-me-down from my wife who used to get a new one every other year for work. I think that the one I have is a 6s. It's more than adequate for me.

It's a more powerful computer than anything you could buy even 5 years ago, and it fits in your pocket.
That may not be an interesting use case for you, for many of us it makes our jobs and lives possible.

Plus, it's fun and enjoyable to use. And you're not one of those people who like to crap on things other people enjoy , are you? ;)

It's a more powerful computer than anything you could buy even 5 years ago, and it fits in your pocket.
That may not be an interesting use case for you, for many of us it makes our jobs and lives possible.
yeah, they are arguably the pinnacle of electronics in 2020. Something so powerful and small. A smartphone (maybe not an iPhone) is first and only computing device for so many people around the world. I still remember having a Palm PDA that needed to be tethered to PC to download stuff and be more useful, a memory stick mp3 player, camera, GPS, and laptop. All separate devices which have been more usefully combined into one. If only a large screen would fit into my pocket.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Just purchased a new Samsung phone with a 5.7" HD screen, and Android 10 for $29. USB C charger and cable included. Works wonderful. :lol: 😉

My iPhone 6 has decided to start dying so I am getting my new iPhone 12 tomorrow and my wife bought me a Apple watch 6 for my b-day to go with it Wow! i'm screaming into the future....

Last edited:
My 88 year old mother called me this morning about her iPhone SE. it won’t hold a charge for more than 5 hours, and when you talk to her, her voice amplitude comes and goes and sometimes the sound quits altogether. She has decided to upgrade to the iPhone 12. I was shocked that she didn’t want another SE or a 6.

My 88 year old mother called me this morning about her iPhone SE. it won’t hold a charge for more than 5 hours, and when you talk to her, her voice amplitude comes and goes and sometimes the sound quits altogether. She has decided to upgrade to the iPhone 12. I was shocked that she didn’t want another SE or a 6.

If she's an SE fan, the 12 Mini might be a good fit?

I have had my iPhone7 for over 4 years now and I’m getting that itch to upgrade. I like that the XR has a larger screen but don’t care as much for the advanced camera features, so I think the iPhone XR is right for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom