What's new

Iotn 7/10/06 - 7/16/06

Dinder1 said:
Well after drinking coffee all day ( its my job ) you just need a little something to take the edge off.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Cheers, DJ.

OMG! Where did you get the Cuban Rum.... I have to go to Canada to buy that... it is to DIE FOR.. I am so jealous.......:w00t:

Mama Bear

Mama Bear said:
OMG! Where did you get the Cuban Rum.... I have to go to Canada to buy that... it is to DIE FOR.. I am so jealous.......:w00t:

Mama Bear

Well Mama Bear, I can tell you that I can get the Cohibas no problemo... but the rum is a little harder to come by, but boy do they go well together:biggrin: :biggrin:
Cheers, DJ.

D.J.,

Coy, so coy!:biggrin:

You know, you *could* send a PM to share this information with those--like me!!!--who have an interest in such things.:wink:

Guys,

That is fantastic rum. My landlord gave me a bottle of it this past winter as a "thank you" for helping remove the snow here (I live in an apt in a house). If you can get it, do so.

Simplicity tonight - pasta with roasted tomatoes, shallots, and garlic (shown before the addition of freshly ground parmesano reggiano and basil snipped fresh from the garden
full

Served it with some nice Chianti Classico.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dinder1 said:
Well Mama Bear, I can tell you that I can get the Cohibas no problemo... but the rum is a little harder to come by, but boy do they go well together:biggrin: :biggrin:
Cheers, DJ.

PM me on the rum too??? :tongue_sm

Bear Hugs,

Sue

SWMBO doesn't cook all that often... but when she does... Oh my God! Just look at this.

proxy.php

Really though, how can you go wrong when you combine chicken breasts, bacon, onions, fresh garlic, fresh thyme, fresh parsley, fresh rosemary, roasted red peppers, crushed chilies, fresh ground pepper and white wine?

Oh yeah, and it was served over a very nice orange and bay leaf infused rice...

Stopped by the local Old Chicago for dinner tonight, and indulged in one of my favorite summer time brews. . .

Mad Hatter IPA from New Holland Brewing Company #2 in Holland, Michigan
Brewer: John Haggerty

Awards:
Gold Medal, 2005 Festival of Wood and Barrel-Aged Beer
Silver Medal, 2000 Great American Beer Festival
Silver Medal, 2001 Great American Beer Festival

Tasting notes:
Golden amber. Thick head. Nice spicy hop aroma. Medium body. INTENSE spicy resiny hoppiness. Bitter almost to the point of being sour.

Tonight (last night, too)

full

Bell's Expedition Stout is a seasonal stout. Heavy and thick (not unlike good espresso). It's best served in a brandy snifter and SIPPED (11% abv) after a long day.

(wouldn't mind the PM on the rum, though. MITCH, help a brother out!!):biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a little surprised about the excitement over the Havana Club rum... I guess it just doesn't seem as special when I see it in the stores whenever I look for rum. Easy access to cuban cigars and rum is one of the perks of the Great White North I suppose... damn, now I want cuban cigars and rum...

NMMB said:
SWMBO doesn't cook all that often... but when she does... Oh my God! Just look at this.

Really though, how can you go wrong when you combine chicken breasts, bacon, onions, fresh garlic, fresh thyme, fresh parsley, fresh rosemary, roasted red peppers, crushed chilies, fresh ground pepper and white wine?

Oh yeah, and it was served over a very nice orange and bay leaf infused rice...

Michael,

Unless you are a professional--and gifted--chef, you should be making her cook every single night! That looks fantastic!

mrob said:
Michael,

Unless you are a professional--and gifted--chef, you should be making her cook every single night! That looks fantastic!

Mitch,

SWMBO went above-and-beyond on that dish... it was fantastic*. However, being fair to myself I am a capable chef... and unlike SWMBO, I like to cook whereas she usually doesn't. Also, SWMBO is one of those people who cannot be made to do anything (I believe that you would call that independent and stubborn)... so she will only cook when she wants to.

*words simply cannot do it justice.

Tito said:
Gents,

Sorry new I'm new around here... but could someone explain SWMBO to me???

Tito

SWMBO = She Who Must Be Obeyed (AKA, "better half", "wife", "the boss", etc).

NMMB said:
Mitch,

SWMBO went above-and-beyond on that dish... it was fantastic*. However, being fair to myself I am a capable chef... and unlike SWMBO, I like to cook whereas she usually doesn't. Also, SWMBO is one of those people who cannot be made to do anything (I believe that you would call that independent and stubborn)... so she will only cook when she wants to.

*words simply cannot do it justice.
Right now you are supposed to refer to her as "free spirited". After the wedding you may call her stubborn, hard-headed, etc.:biggrin:

Top Bottom