What's new

Invicta Watch Question ànd New Watch

I have an Invicta watch I bought from Sams Club last year. It was on sale for $50.00 for Fathers Day. Yesterday the watch stopped working and ever since I bought the watch I have always had to advance the date manually to get it to set on the right date.

When I try to advance the date, I pull out the crown slightly and turn the crown I have to turn the crown at least two times in order to get the date to set. Plus, the crown seems to catch when I turn it. Like it briefly stops while I still turn the crown. That being said, I took the watch to the jeweler he said he could replace the battery but fixing the date function would "be complicated to fix" he said he would be afraid of doing more harm to the watch.

I think I am out of warranty with Invicta. Any suggestions?

Secondly, I am interested in buying a new watch and have found a few Invicta watches on shopnbc.com
I would be willing to spend between $100.00 to $150.00 for a watch. I like the big face watches about 46-52mmcase diameter.
Thank you B&B!
Best,
Jerry

I prefer mechanical watches, but my price range is like yours...which means I have a couple cheap watches like Invicta, and they suck. :sad: Mine is keeping time very poorly, but I'm not replacing it until I can put down some real money. Not any time soon, though.

@vlad

Well let's take the question and let me ask this, what can I step up to and invest in? I like the big face watches. Where should I start my search?

Are you able to post pictures of the Invicta you have, or of other watches you like? You can get big faces in a variety of different styles (pilot, marine, vintage look) so getting an idea of the look you're into will be helpful in making suggestions

Let me paraphrase Talltexan's post in order to clarify my response.
I bought X brand of watch and it's never worked properly. I took it to a repairman who said it was too fundamental a problem to be dealt with. Should I buy another item from the same company?"

Talltexan, throw the Invicta in the garbage and get one of the many competently made alternatives out there.

Invicta do make some good watches but the bulk of them are rubbish. If I was you, I'd steer clear from buying another Invicta in that price range. The company, according to some of the watch forums, have been pretty loose with the truth when it comes to describing their movements.

Watches

Most people I have met enjoy the Invicta, no issues.
Yours is not mechanical, if you have a battery?
IMO, mechanical watches I have had, especially an older one. It is ok to move manually, clockwise, gently.
Especially an older one. I love older/big face watches.

My advice, get another one. Watches are becomming like a TV, or Lawn Mower. The cost to replace, pushes you toward buying new.
Again, never had Invicta, you could try another.
Or look at all the others.
For the buck, seiko makes a great, cheap, battery operated watch.
Or, save and raise the bar some.
I use cheap Luminox, Casio , seiko in my past and have had good use.
I have a seiko bought in 1975, diver. Runs nicely.
Luminox, you cn pound into the ground and as well as casio.
I can recommend expensive, I like German watches. A bit more costly.

Good luck
Jim

@scottishsteve

Thank you for clearing what I said up!It takes me a while to spit it out! what watches would you recommend I look at? I am open to all suggestions I'd even go as high as $200. Price wise.

I think you should look at Citizen, Seiko and Casio. They all make great watches for your budget. I've got both a Casio and Seiko digital that have been running for over 30 years. All they need is a new battery every few years. It's just a matter of finding one that you like the look of.

Talltexan, thanks for your generosity of spirit. :)
As stated, Seiko is a phenomenal company whose quality and sheer skill, 99% of the public are simply unaware of. Apart from anything with the 7S26 mvt in it (bone of contention on that one) you canot go wrong. I recommend anything from Seiko, Casio, Citizen, Orient, Swatch, Mondaine, CWC, MWC, Ollech & Wass or RLT. I'd stick with quartz. Good luck.

I bought a Seiko in February and I am not expecting to buy a new watch for a long a time, unless I want a fancier one for when I need to dress up a bit. Shop around online before you buy, you may surprise yourself on what you can find and for how little. I bought mine from a local jewelry store but I could have spent nearly half as much getting it off of Amazon.

Citizens Eco-Drive watches can be had for cheap too.

I have an Invicta watch I bought from Sams Club last year. It was on sale for $50.00 for Fathers Day. Yesterday the watch stopped working and ever since I bought the watch I have always had to advance the date manually to get it to set on the right date.

When I try to advance the date, I pull out the crown slightly and turn the crown I have to turn the crown at least two times in order to get the date to set. Plus, the crown seems to catch when I turn it. Like it briefly stops while I still turn the crown. That being said, I took the watch to the jeweler he said he could replace the battery but fixing the date function would "be complicated to fix" he said he would be afraid of doing more harm to the watch.

I think I am out of warranty with Invicta. Any suggestions?

Secondly, I am interested in buying a new watch and have found a few Invicta watches on shopnbc.com
I would be willing to spend between $100.00 to $150.00 for a watch. I like the big face watches about 46-52mmcase diameter.
Thank you B&B!
Best,
Jerry

Have you tried on the big faced watches? You may not like it after you see it on. Then again...you may love it.

Talltexan, thanks for your generosity of spirit. :)
As stated, Seiko is a phenomenal company whose quality and sheer skill, 99% of the public are simply unaware of. Apart from anything with the 7S26 mvt in it (bone of contention on that one) you canot go wrong. I recommend anything from Seiko, Casio, Citizen, Orient, Swatch, Mondaine, CWC, MWC, Ollech & Wass or RLT. I'd stick with quartz. Good luck.

Oh, c'mon, it's not like it's a terrible movement, just pedestrian, and maybe not as accurately adjusted as it could be from the factory, but damn solid and near bulletproof. My orange monster is it the +/- 60 secs per week factory adjusted, so pretty good. Did you have a bed experience with one?

Oh, and plus one to all your other suggestions. To the OP, is a mechanical something you would consider?

INVICTA...Known in the WIS community as The BIGGEST bunch of lying,backstabbing crooks in the watch business.
Throw it away and get a Timex,Seiko,Casio,Citizen.

@littlebigfeather

Ive never heard that about Invicta before. Keep in mind I'm new to buying watches. What makes Invicta so bad?

What big faced type watch would you recommend? Or should I look for a dress watch? Since I already have a knock around chronograph Invicta watch for everyday wear. Is there a certain classically styled watch I should invest in? One I could pass down one day? What about orient? Omega?

Better yet, what should I look for in a quality watch?

INVICTA...Known in the WIS community as The BIGGEST bunch of lying,backstabbing crooks in the watch business.
Throw it away and get a Timex,Seiko,Casio,Citizen.

I've owned several invictas. My friend collects them...not that they'll be worth anything, he just likes them. Never had a problem.

Invicta watches are not worth the money you will spend on them. In the $200 to $300 range there is a wide selection of Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Casio, Sea Gull, Victorinox and Wenger watches out there.

Top Bottom