What's new

Invicta Pro Diver smokes literally everything within $250 of its price

Ok...so I'm not having a lot of luck MacGuyver-ing the sizing of the bracelet. I'll probably give it one more shot tonight. The question is: if that doesn't work, do I purchase a bracelet sizing tool, or just purchase a new band in general? Typically I've not been a huge fan of bracelets, but I'd kinda like to at least give this one a chance or have it as an option.

Let me guess.....yall are gonna tell me to get a bracelet sizing tool AND order new straps....

Received my blue Pro Diver for Christmas. Pics will be coming, as I need to size the bracelet. This is my first fully automatic watch. A couple of questions...if you don't mind.
1) Am I correct this does not have a "quick set" date option? In other words, to change the date, you continue to rotate the time until you get the date where it needs to be?
2) When winding the watch manually...how do I know if I've gone far enough? I've heard over-winding can be bad.
3) Is there anything "wrong" with letting it fully power down? Is that worse for the movement than keeping it running?

I'll post pictures once I figure out how to re-size the bracelet. Trying to decide if it's worth the time/$ to get the proper tool, or if I figure out how to MacGyver it.
If you can determine which movement is used, then you should be able to get better answers. But I would be surprised if it did not have a quick set date.

You should start to feel more resistance as the spring is wound, but I would not worry about over-winding, since the automatic wind mechanism should have some type of clutch to prevent the spring from being over tightened when wearing.

There is nothing wrong with letting it fully power down. With older watches I have read that letting one sit still for years might allow the tiny drops of lubrication to pool, dry, or otherwise not function as well. But AFAIK it is not a real problem with a modern day movements.

Ok...so I'm not having a lot of luck MacGuyver-ing the sizing of the bracelet. I'll probably give it one more shot tonight. The question is: if that doesn't work, do I purchase a bracelet sizing tool, or just purchase a new band in general? Typically I've not been a huge fan of bracelets, but I'd kinda like to at least give this one a chance or have it as an option.

Let me guess.....yall are gonna tell me to get a bracelet sizing tool AND order new straps....
For $5 any watch seller will size it correctly.
Crown has 2 locations one advances date one more advances time.
Winding: wind it some to get it going then wear it....will power it.
Letting it stop: there is NO issue with that.... you don't let the car run all day.....

If you can determine which movement is used, then you should be able to get better answers. But I would be surprised if it did not have a quick set date.
It's the Seiko NH35A. For the life of me, I couldn't find it. The crown seems to have the screwed in position, then a winding position, then the time set position. Thankfully, the date is currently correct. So worst case at this point would be I forward one day instead of the 15 I did to start....

Also, FWIW, I was able to re-size the bracelet on my own. I know a watch shop could do this, but I'm limiting outings to truly required at this time. I ended up using my 3D printer to make a holder as an extra hand.

It's the Seiko NH35A. For the life of me, I couldn't find it. The crown seems to have the screwed in position, then a winding position, then the time set position.

This from the Technical Guide and Parts Catalogue for the Cal NH3 series:

How to set the Date …Cal.NH35 & NH36 & NH37

1) Pull out the crown to the first click position.
2) Turn the crown to left for date setting.
3) Turn the crown to right for day setting. …Cal.NH36 only
*Do not set the date between 9:00 P.M. and 4:00 A.M. as this will cause a malfunction.
4)Push the crown back into the normal position.

The watch has a screw-down crown and then comes out twice. The first position is the date set. The second position is time set. Pulling the crown out to the 2nd position will also stop the second hand. Once you set the date and time, you have to push the crown back in all the way AND screw it in. The screw down crown is necessary for water resistance at depth and in general.

Top Bottom