What's new

Invent the Worst Shaving Cream Scents

I accidentally left a tub of sandalwood open on my sink counter overnight. In the morning there were
flies all over it...

for those that don't know wht balut is, its a Philipino delicacy, fermented fertilized eggs.

very close, but I would say, for those who have been there, Ma Kef. For those who have not been there, Ma Kef is
a large fish processing factory in Keflavick, Iceland. if the wind was blowing wrong, it was rough to go outside and
breathe without getting very ill. It was sobering coming out of the club at midnight during light time, and having it
as bright as noon and being assaulted bt Ma Kef stink.

I would also say paper pulp mill smell, especially around Pensacola, FL.

Grew up 10 miles from one. When the wind set from that quarter, the locals would comment on "The Green Smell." As a budding cultural scholar I once asked why it was called that.

"They make paper. Money is paper. That's the smell of money around here." Makes a certain backhanded sense to celebrate it because it means jobs for the locals.

There's a kraft mill about 20 miles south of here. Driving past it is like going back to my childhood.

But I wouldn't want to shave with it.

O.H.

Surpassed only by a tannery, which, come to think of it, isn't a bad nomination - "Eau de Tannery".... :wink2:

Asparagus urine.
There may be people here who have no idea what you are talking about.

Turns out that there are two genes involved in the story. The first gene regulates whether asparagus makes your urine stink or not, and the second one regulates whether you can smell it.

So, for some people, asparagus does not make their urine stink. For others, it does, but they can't smell it. Unfortunately for me, it does make my urine stink and I can smell it. As a result, I don't eat asparagus at all anymore.

Brussel Sprouts and sweat socks.

I know, I know, you're thinking . . . those are the same smell. WRONG. There are subtle differences which make the aromas complementary. Not in a good way, of course, but that is the point of this thread, no?

South Korean Morning

Some vets will get that reference. And I'll add...

Baghdad Smoke

(Baghdad burned its trash, creating a continual odor of burnt plastic in large areas of the city)

There may be people here who have no idea what you are talking about.

Turns out that there are two genes involved in the story. The first gene regulates whether asparagus makes your urine stink or not, and the second one regulates whether you can smell it.

So, for some people, asparagus does not make their urine stink. For others, it does, but they can't smell it. Unfortunately for me, it does make my urine stink and I can smell it. As a result, I don't eat asparagus at all anymore.

I consider asapragus a vile, bitter, disgusting weed. I despise the stuff.

That's very interesting to know, though! I certainly fall into the 'can smell' camp, before and after.

Top Bottom